Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Trygle12 said:
Ripped out the sticker...
Actel chip, HW ID is 80...Possible Fake? Probable fake. :[ ....Acekard 2i, From DX with HW:80 and an Actel chipOh dear !!!! - mind you the info I've found does say 'possible' fake (I see if I can dig out the exact wording of the article)

EDIT - Found it. It's this post
Apparently I best change my little list as the definition of 'Possible Fake' could be misleading

The HW:80 is apparently 'the old style' Acekcards 2i's that are being made by a group of EX-members of the offical Acekard team.
It is considered 'Fake' by the team that run the Acekard website, but since it is in fact the older version of the acekard then it is a 'genuine article'
QUOTEAre the Actel ones fake?
It depends on how you see it. The Actel one was from the original design, but was manufactured by a group who are no longer with Acekard. The group who has control over the Acekard web site can claim whatever they want to since they control the site.
Edited (again): OK I've edited my previous post to try & clear things up

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me i am new to the Acekard after using the ttds card for a while.

I bought the card from Deal Extreme Acekard 2.1 for my Nintendo DS Lite
I am trying to use this update (Akaio v1.6 RC1), however when I click on a game to load, the loading message turns from blue to green but then freezes, with the top screen remaining black.
Version 1.5.1 works but does not do all the things the 1.6 RC1 does

Did I buy the wrong card
frown.gif
and have to buy a new one or is the one I got a fake?

Please help, thanks in advance

Shoulon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for the white screens, If it gets those then freeze's. The AceKard2i is fake? or if you get them period? I installed the new loaders without formatting., So far no issue's.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE(noki@ @ Mar 14 2010, 05:02 PM) Hi I wonder if anyone can help me i am new to the Acekard after using the ttds card for a while.

I am trying to use this update (Akaio v1.6 RC1), however when I click on a game to load, the loading message turns from blue to green but then freezes, with the top screen remaining black.Version 1.5.1 works but does not do all the things the 1.6 RC1 does

Did I buy the wrong card
frown.gif

Please help, thanks in advanceAny chance you can find the HW code (In AKAIO [start] > Help) - that may give a clue to whether it's a fake or not (See my earlier post for numbers)

Another thing is that some games don't like the 'soft reset' &/or 'cheats' enabled - have you tried starting the game with them switched off

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
QUOTE(noki@ @ Mar 14 2010, 05:02 PM) Hi I wonder if anyone can help me i am new to the Acekard after using the ttds card for a while.

I am trying to use this update (Akaio v1.6 RC1), however when I click on a game to load, the loading message turns from blue to green but then freezes, with the top screen remaining black.Version 1.5.1 works but does not do all the things the 1.6 RC1 does

Did I buy the wrong card
frown.gif

Please help, thanks in advanceAny chance you can find the HW code (In AKAIO [start] > Help) - that may give a clue to whether it's a fake or not (See my earlier post for numbers)

Another thing is that some games don't like the 'soft reset' &/or 'cheats' enabled - have you tried starting the game with them switched off

Thanks for the reply
The HW code is 80 and the SVN is 803 Which I think indicates that it is real.
I didn't select any cheats :S, I disabled them and the soft reset and same problem.

Thanks anyway

FuManChuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, two white screens of fakeness.

See ya new games and AKAIO 1.6 D;. Had the card for months, its not like the seller will swap out now :/.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
QUOTE(noki@ @ Mar 14 2010, 01:50 PM)
CannonFoddr said:

Did I buy the wrong card
frown.gif

Hi thanks for the reply
I didn't select any cheats :S, I disabled them and the soft reset and same problem.

Thanks anyway

if you purchased your 2.1 after december 2009 you probably have a bad card. acekard has commented that the cards are real and they have no idea what the problem is. it seems that most users have problems with corrupt saves but other users are reporting that the firmware hangs on "loading...". try the official firmwares and 1.5.1. if either one works and your saves go currupt you have confirmed you have a bad card. you should really just exchange it with DX and pay the $1 more to get an ak2i.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
FuManChuu said:
Awesome, two white screens of fakeness.

See ya new games and AKAIO 1.6 D;. Had the card for months, its not like the seller will swap out now :/.

all acekards have a 1yr warranty. so if you can prove its real they will have to exchange it. i would simply write them an email and complain that they sold you a FAKE card. check: http://www.acekard.com/news.php

its gotten really annoying that the 2.1 has problems and acekard has no idea how to fix it yet, and that the 2i is cloned with real 2i stickers thanks to acekard oem-ing their design for the r4 clones.

this was one of the best companies for awhile with one of the best linkers. i think they dug their own grave.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
CannonFoddr said:
[*]Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:80 = It depends on your point of view
- "Real" - but is actually an older design that were made by ex-members of the Acekard team,
- "Fake" by the existing Acekard team that control the offical website

i had to LOL at this. i duno whats up with the hw80, but there are no ex-members making cards and a fake team does not control www.acekard.com.

acekard did sell their design which was turned into the r4 clones. these are the clones that could run akaio (because it was actually an acekard under the hood). that design has been obviously sold again and now a really *pretty* clone has been produced. while this clone appears to have many issues it looks like the ak2i and wholesale outlets claim they can't tell the difference. this is mostly due in part to the fact that team acekard stopped selling to overseas retailers, these people are now forced to buy their product from a 3rd party and the chances of clones goes WAY up.

i guess its time to do some research and then to drop acekard some emails to find out what is going on.

-another world

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
QUOTE(noki@ @ Mar 14 2010, 01:50 PM)
CannonFoddr said:

Did I buy the wrong card
frown.gif

Hi thanks for the reply

Thanks anyway

if you purchased your 2.1 after december 2009 you probably have a bad card. acekard has commented that the cards are real and they have no idea what the problem is. it seems that most users have problems with corrupt saves but other users are reporting that the firmware hangs on "loading...". try the official firmwares and 1.5.1. if either one works and your saves go currupt you have confirmed you have a bad card. you should really just exchange it with DX and pay the $1 more to get an ak2i.

-another world

Thanks Another World

Yep you got the problem right on the spot a faulty Acekard thanks for the help

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Scrolling in the cheats menu seems to be slower than scrolling in the games menu, would there be anyway to improve this in the next release?

Enjoying Akaio, thanks.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the... +1