unduthegun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kesadisan said:
Cool Gorila, did you keep that one at home?
tongue.gif
That gorilla died a few yeas ago

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gacktgacktgackt said:
Surely the main point is that every single year, GBAtemp runs a really crap April Fools and then misses the point that it's only meant to be until 12PM, the fact that this rubbish April Fools continues to be there until the 2nd of April is just fail.
That may be, but not everyone shares the same time zone
lecture.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I detest practical jokes. I only went along with the CNET thing last year because I figured it'd be a hard sell, and that my involvement would lend some credence to it. Felt pretty dirty in the aftermath though. I realize I'm in the minority, and most people enjoy seeing people "punk'd" or whatever. Just not my cup of tea.

Hopefully next year we can do something goofy, that's more up my alley.

[^salient point]

Simplify

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Haha, you're analyzing it too much.....It's a tradition, maybe stupid to someone, but, I'll say it again......There is nothing to dislike about that day, most people know that it's a day for making pranks, the others that don't remember it get fooled, but it's nothing hurtful, it's just having a good time and taking a laugh.....
You can take this stuff to seriously, but then, it means your sense of humor is pretty much low!
Don't think about it, AF is not about thinking, just having a good time..

If you got offended by this joke, I'm really sorry..It wasn't Another Worlds intention, and sure wasn't any of us others!
smile.gif

Lighten up!
tongue.gif

I'm all for a laugh, but my main problem with your statement the part which has been bolded.

To me its kind of like teasing the fat kid and saying, hey we're just having fun he needs to get a sense of humour.

Sure it can be funny as hell, but people need to realise the consequences of some jokes.

But i do agree that if anyone's that gullible to throw away a perfectly good cart then they probably shouldnt be on the internet =D

From what i've seen its like april fools day gives you a license to be a jack ass without thinking about the consequences!

Lastly, in refering to your statement above.
I guess what I'm trying to convey is that you should at least be aware of the issues and damage your jokes can cause.

Sure i did a lot of pranks and teasing when i was younger...but if i'd known about the emotional damage that i would have caused to that person i wouldn't have done it.

Let me know if im getting my point across at all, im terrible at this sort of thing!

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
gacktgacktgackt said:
Surely the main point is that every single year, GBAtemp runs a really crap April Fools and then misses the point that it's only meant to be until 12PM, the fact that this rubbish April Fools continues to be there until the 2nd of April is just fail.
That may be, but not everyone shares the same time zone
lecture.gif
So why isn't the April Fools put up 13 hours before GMT when the people on the Christmas Islands are all experiencing the most pointless day of the year?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Simplify said:
QUOTE said:
Couldn't agree more!

We're just trying to have some fun, there is nothing to dislike about AF day!

There's a lot to dislike about AF day.

It causes a lot of people unnecessary stress, pisses a lot of people off and ruins a lot of peoples days.

All so you can have a little laugh the next day and say "hur hur hur, we totally fooled you."

Luckily for me i don't believe much i read on the internet, let alone on April fools day. So the only thing that bothered me about this was the fact that they actually did it.

I don't see the point in AF's day really, except for exploiting a lot of peoples foolishness and using it to hurt them.

Wonder how many people saw this, and decided to buy a different product, or throw away their old acekard and get an R4..

But hey long as you guys can laugh at them the next day and rub it in there faces right!!

Point being, you can think there's nothing to dislike about AF's. But then you sir, are the true fool.

your reply confirms that i did my job correctly. you got upset enough to actually take the time to type that post, and then come back to edit it. it means you cared about what you had to say. that is an emotional response, and it should show you that you need to unplug and get away. don't take this so seriously, or anything for that matter, that you read on the internet. if someone actually threw out their ak because of my joke, i'd be very happy. mission accomplished, as they say.

QUOTE(gacktgacktgackt @ Apr 2 2009, 05:02 AM)

a "crap" joke eh? why do you feel it’s crap, because it wasn't a plot to take over gbatemp or take down the world wide web? you must not know any of the facts related to this joke, the facts that ground it in actual reality. 1) norm and smiths did try to make a deal with acekard, for what exactly is their business and i won't repeat it here. 2) soulanger has been working on menudo for so long it has a following of diehard fans who would cringe at this news. 3) soulanger hangs out in #acekard, and has made mention (numerous times) that he wants to sell his project and get paid for it. 4) it is very plausible then, based on 1-3, that the two projects could have been merged.

i don’t blame you for not knowing those facts, if you aren’t in the acekard crowd, you probably wouldn’t have heard any of them. your response should have been something more like “wow, i totally didn’t get this joke, it went over my head. i hope that next year i actually get the joke so i can laugh about it. that way my posts about how bad it is will have credence."

finally, there is no rule, set in stone, of when a joke has to begin or end. i posted it on my own and i ended it april 1st around 7pm EST when i could physically be at my keyboard again. so what fails is your statement that everyone should function on your made up "aprils fool’s joke" schedule.

as for your second statement of christmas island... that was an april fool's joke within a joke. stop taking the internet so seriously and have more fun. life is to short to be upset of this or any joke played on you.

-another world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: