Hacking AKAIO NOR Clear Option Broke GBAExploader.

Ulttimaa

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, basically, I seem to be having a weird issue, and I just want to know if my 3in1 is completely screwed or not.

So, I've owned an EDGE before, and I've used GBAExploader with no problems. I switched over to the Acekard, and I had a problem, which didn't really bother me. I would load up GBAExploader 0.58b, and then select the game I want. However, then it would freeze. So, I'd restart, then go and try again, and it would work.

But now, I decided to mess around, and I think I've really screwed something up. I used the "Blank NOR" feature on my Acekard, thinking it would simply clear the game on my NOR. I wanted to test it to compare the speed to GBAExploader's speed. It went by really fast, so I was like "Alright, cool."

However, then I went into GBAExploader, and tried loading a different game to NOR. It let me select a destination, but then it would freeze upon selecting which save file to pick. Like, the window at the bottom would disappear after selecting a destination, but the save file selector wouldn't show up, and it'd be frozen. I tried restarting a few times, nothing.

Then I tried booting a game through PSRAM. It would load, but only get past the GBA intro, then freeze at a white screen.
I took out my 3-in-1, blew in it, and the DS, and put it back in, then loaded up GBAExploader. Now, it asks "Can I use the 3-in-1 for GBAExploader?" (Or something to that effect.). I hit Yes, and I went into my games, tried to boot something through PSRAM, and it white screened again. I did it again, got that prompt again, then white screen.

However, now it loads, doesn't give me a prompt, but now it freezes upon start-up. It'll start up, but then the top screen shows no games, no file browser, nothing. It's apparently on the Root of my card, but doesn't show any of the files. The bottom screen doesn't show a game, and the Current SRAM Save is < Empty or new state >

None of the controls work, it's completely frozen. I tried replacing my GBAExploader 0.58b, nothing. I tried booting it up on my EDGE, same result.

However, the 3-in-1 still functions as a Rumble Pack. I haven't tried using it as a RAM expansion, since I don't have the browser, but I would assume it would still work.

I've tried booting the games up through AKAIO firmware, and it seems to be working. The problem is, ALL of the saves I used don't work anymore, which is why I want to get GBAExploader to work, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've booted a game up using PSRAM mode on AKAIO firmware, and using the NOR mode of AKAIO. The save stays, so I'm convinced that this isn't a battery issue.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? Does anyone have any ideas on how I'd fix it?

gobo.jg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am having exactly the same issue, using AKAIO 1.5 and GBA exploader .58b and AceKard 2

I get a white screen when trying to load a gba game using psram. It gets as far as analysing and loading the rom, then white screen. When I deleted the Exploader and just used the AKAIO 3in1 software the games load and play perfectly, but the save files are corrupted and won't reload after powering off and on.

I have managed to load a gba game using NOR and GBA exploader, and the save seems to be holding, but it would be nice to have an explanation for what is going on. It seems like AKAIO and exploader have a conflict issue?

regards

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I already covered the issue here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199799

Short answer:
The NDS autopatching screws up Roudolph's tools, the backup tool and gba exploader. The tools work correctly if you are using the AK official firmware. The current work around for this is to setup the microSD so you can boot from AKAIO the official firmware, after that the tools work as normal.

See the AKAIO wiki on howto do the setup.

I was waiting for them to push out 1.5.1 before I posted it as a bug.

gobo.jg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Success! Following how_do_i_do_that's link and instructions was highly enlightening. Swapping the dldl file from AK2 official software solved the gba exploader problem, games are now happily loading into psram and saves are staying between power-off-and-ons.

I look forward to seeing improvements tot he AKAIO gba loader - either I was just unlucky and chose every game with the current compatibility issues ie Minish cap, castlevania, astroboy, advance wars.... or the list is longer than short. The only game that didn't seem to be affected was Zelda - Link to the Past, probably owing to it being a port.

Thanks again for the help

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Unless you want to tell me how to transplant the integrated gba loader into say a supercard or edge, your just uselessly complaining about how people choose to play.

if you're talking to me, then you make no sense.

i support AKAIO and its loading of GBA games from within AKAIO.
Those seem to work. Hooray.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Smiths
In all your narrow minded view, how do you expect someone to play pokemon emerald when there is no rtc patch available. The integrated gba loader doesn't even help there for starters.

Like I said your a ranting person who wants to explain away with your limited understanding.

@Another World
Actually it is on Roudolph's blog itself. He said he only has parts of the 3in1+ supported in gba exploader .58b.

susanna_mayfair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I already covered the issue here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199799

Short answer:
The NDS autopatching screws up Roudolph's tools, the backup tool and gba exploader. The tools work correctly if you are using the AK official firmware. The current work around for this is to setup the microSD so you can boot from AKAIO the official firmware, after that the tools work as normal.

See the AKAIO wiki on howto do the setup.

I tried to do this but I didn't get a properties option for it. It said create shortcut and ok. Nothing else. I tried putting the GBA loader into the DS roms folder to see if it might behave differently in there and it didn't. Then I tried it on another rom just to make sure that I wasn't missing something and the option was there for that game so I followed the directions right. I am so frustrated. I bought my ez flash 3 or 4 months ago. I have spent hours and hours reading and googling and trying different things to get it to work and nothing I have tried has worked. I get white screens or corrupted save data no matter what I try. I know my battery is good because it rumbles.
frown.gif

Mornnatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
For me it works!!

Acekard 2.1 - AKAIO 1.5.1 - Newest loaders - EZ 3in1 (not the + version).

And it works without that f*****g GBA-Exploader!

Some Games need a Save-Patch, some not, but i´ve no problems

AceKard + AKAIO the very best Combination!! (although here in Switzerland :-))

@susanna_myfair:
ez 3in1 rumbles even without any battery!!! so this is no sign, that the battery is good. I got my 3in1 from DX and need to replace the battery immediately, because it was dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay