Hacking Akaio Game load problem?

XFelixX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just got my AK2.1, loaded it with all the newest AKAIO stuff, set my own theme to it, and tried to load my game.

I get the normal loading bar, then it goes to a black screen with a blue 'Loading' thing on it, then it turns green and won't go anywhere.

Any solutions/Tips?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't remember reading about loading screens going green anywhere before - but just to check a few things that usually help us on GBATemp to try & determine actual faults

Firstly FYI a warning - there's been a LOT of bad 2.1 cards that have trouble with loading/saving so there's the possibility that you may have one. There's apparently a rumour that an offical Acekard update will be release soon that'll fix the dodgy 2.1 cards - but nothing offical (yet). Even if it comes out there's still the possibility you have a damaged card
  • There is also apparently 'fake' cards - If you can run AKAIO press [Start] > 'Help' & post the 'HW:' number - this sometimes help determine if you have a clone card
    Some games 'lock-up' on starting if you have 'Soft-reset' and/or 'cheats' enabled - so have you tried running games with these swithed off
    Have you backup, reformatted the microSD card, & reinstalled AKAIO ?? - somtime a bad sector on the card can cause problems
    What about other files like homebrew,music,txt etc - do they work OK ? (You may need to install Moonshell to check some of these files)
    Does it work with older version of AKAIO (e.g 1.5.1) or the official Acekard firmware ??
Sorry for all the questions - but the more info we on GBATemp get the more we could help

EDITED: uh Oh... Just popped over to AKAIO Forums - there's someone there that having similar problem as you
http://www.normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=347 & it seems that 'clone' cards end up @ the 'green screen' after the Loading comes up

Since you've just brought the card - I suggest you get back at the sellers complaining about being sold a 'clone' and not a proper Acekard 2.1
Can you post the HW number of your card anyway - just to check

random-passer-by

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nigeria
I have the exact same problem with AKAIO 1.6 RC1 so I might as well provide you some info...

My HW ID is 80, just as most (if not all) acekards from the "bad batch"

CannonFoddr said:
Some games 'lock-up' on starting if you have 'Soft-reset' and/or 'cheats' enabled - so have you tried running games with these swithed off
I have these settings always turned off by default.

CannonFoddr said:
Have you backup, reformatted the microSD card, & reinstalled AKAIO ?? - somtime a bad sector on the card can cause problems
I did it countless times, of course using Panasonic SD Formatter.

CannonFoddr said:
What about other files like homebrew,music,txt etc - do they work OK ? (You may need to install Moonshell to check some of these files)
Surprisingly, all homebrews load and run perfectly. The only things that don't work are commercial ROMs.

QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Mar 21 2010, 12:03 PM) Does it work with older version of AKAIO (e.g 1.5.1) or the official Acekard firmware ??
Yes, on every other version of AKAIO or the official firmware games load and work perfectly (with the exception that they freeze when trying to save)
Saving works on OFW 4.07 and AKAIO 1.2 (another proof that it's from this "bad batch" everyone talks about), but obvioulsy a fw that old won't allow me to run newer games properly.

QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Mar 21 2010, 12:03 PM)
I don't remember reading about loading screens going green anywhere before
Different color of loading text indicates different DMA mode (whatever it is), however I tried executing roms in all three DMA modes (red, green and blue loading text) and still no luck.

I really doubt it's a clone, since even the AceKard team acknowledged that those faulty cards are genuine (at least that's what I heard many times from reliable sources)... and as you probably know there is even a rumour that they will release a new firmware soon that fixes the saving problems.
...... But on the other hand if Normmatt says it's a clone then it's something not to be taken lightly. I'm really confused about this now xD
Sorry for my Engrish
biggrin.gif

XFelixX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
I don't remember reading about loading screens going green anywhere before - but just to check a few things that usually help us on GBATemp to try & determine actual faults

Firstly FYI a warning - there's been a LOT of bad 2.1 cards that have trouble with loading/saving so there's the possibility that you may have one. There's apparently a rumour that an offical Acekard update will be release soon that'll fix the dodgy 2.1 cards - but nothing offical (yet). Even if it comes out there's still the possibility you have a damaged card
  • There is also apparently 'fake' cards - If you can run AKAIO press [Start] > 'Help' & post the 'HW:' number - this sometimes help determine if you have a clone card
    Does it work with older version of AKAIO (e.g 1.5.1) or the official Acekard firmware ??
Sorry for all the questions - but the more info we on GBATemp get the more we could help

EDITED: uh Oh... Just popped over to AKAIO Forums - there's someone there that having similar problem as you
http://www.normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=347 & it seems that 'clone' cards end up @ the 'green screen' after the Loading comes up

Since you've just brought the card - I suggest you get back at the sellers complaining about being sold a 'clone' and not a proper Acekard 2.1
Can you post the HW number of your card anyway - just to check

My HW no is also 80.

I've done all the things you said, reformatted, turned SR off, cheats off, booting it with all 3 load colors, and it runs nicely on official AK software except for saving like the above said.

Man...I waited two and a half weeks for this, and they send me a clone...that sucks.

XFelixX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from http://www.r4ds-ds.com/
These guys claim to Only sell genuine Carts, and warn you of potential sellers of clones.

And yes, I did get the newest loader and wifi app.

I just tried AKAIO 1.5.1, and it does the same thing as the official. Works fine until you try to do anything related to a save. Then it freezes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality