Hacking AKAIO alphabetical sorting

cowboycoder77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been asked before - I have seen other topics on it and still cannot get my ROMS sorted alphabetically.

I have tried setting sortListAlpha=1 (I read that this is alphabetical acending) in the global settings and it doesn't appear to work, even when I switch between flie list styles in the interface settings. Sorry to be a complete noob but if someone could explain quickly I would very much appreciate it. Currently my ROMS appear in what appears to be a random order which is a tad messy.

Thanks.

cowboycoder77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah - I opened it in notepad, changed it and saved. Even if I left it as zero though I would have thought that would sort it alphabetically (just descending). But my list is nothing like alphabetical. I'm sure I am missing something really stupid here...

... ah if I change to list by file name I can see that it is sorted alphabetically - but the release number at the front is throwing it off. So I guess it is working I just (incorrectly) expected it to ignore the number (especialy when viewing by internal name). I guess this is just how it works!

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont know what is the problem...

If your game names start with NUMBER - they are alpabeticaly on the first place...

SO it looks like this...
1234-gamename.nds
1235-gamename.nds
gamename1.nds
gamename.nds

Someone this asked in oficial akaio forum, so the only way to sort it well is RENAME your NDS files...

anothergamename.nds
gamename 01.nds
gamename 02.nds
xygamename.nds
etc...

cowboycoder77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
penthaler said:
Dont know what is the problem...

If your game names start with NUMBER - they are alpabeticaly on the first place...

SO it looks like this...
1234-gamename.nds
1235-gamename.nds
gamename1.nds
gamename.nds

Someone this asked in oficial akaio forum, so the only way to sort it well is RENAME your NDS files...

anothergamename.nds
gamename 01.nds
gamename 02.nds
xygamename.nds
etc...

Yep you are right - I figured it out just now before reading your post. Many thanks for the reply though - it's appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...