Hacking AKAIO 1.6 or Official firmware for firmware upgrade 1.4?

anton134

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was just wondering if any one knew which one would would be more compatible (and less likely to brick my acekard 2i) with dsi 1.4 firmware upgrade, AKAIO 1.6rc1 or Acekard 2i official firmware 4.21?
thnx in advance
unsure.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vinld said:
I was just wondering if any one knew which one would would be more compatible (and less likely to brick my acekard 2i) with dsi 1.4 firmware upgrade, AKAIO 1.6rc1 or Acekard 2i official firmware 4.21?
thnx in advance
unsure.gif

In practice you should use AKAIO 1.5.1 because 1.6 is a beta, but it really shouldn't make much of a difference. Most bricks are caused by the person performing the update, not AKAIO or official.

Doing the FW update really isn't a big deal and isn't difficult.

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Just be careful with the 1.4 update.

Then use akaio.
lecture.gif

If you're really nuts about compatibility then download the official firmware as well but only drag the official firmware's loader to ak2loader file of akaio. (This is usually opnly used to play wifi with carts other then acekard)
gbasp.gif

Hope I helped!
gbasp.gif

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
it shouldnt really matter about the firmware but AKAIO is better than the official
bricks usually happen when your updating, if you interupt it by taking the card out or powering off the dsi
so you shouldnt have to worry about bricking your card

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vinld said:
so when im doing the update i should use akaio?
i wonder how much eople have actually had bricked ak2i's because of this upgrade?
A bunch of people have bricked it if you don't do it correctly. So do it correctly. Read around a little bit before you perform the update. Doesn't matter if you use AKAIO or OFW to load the update. Once the update is complete, use AKAIO 1.6RC1 and continue playing your pokemanz
smile.gif

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Hakoda said:
vinld said:
so when im doing the update i should use akaio?
i wonder how much eople have actually had bricked ak2i's because of this upgrade?
A bunch of people have bricked it if you don't do it correctly. So do it correctly. Read around a little bit before you perform the update. Doesn't matter if you use AKAIO or OFW to load the update. Once the update is complete, use AKAIO 1.6RC1 and continue playing your pokemanz
smile.gif

He's right. The update is pretty easy to accomplish though. I got a 10 year old to do it for me while i was busy.

He did it xD
rolleyes.gif
So he's better than all the bricked ak noobs around here
wacko.gif

Anyway like Hakoda says, which firmware you use to load it does not matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum... https://youtu.be/wV_BPDi8Ems?si=1UUzI1S7Rp6sujmq