Hacking AKAIO 1.6 Freezes on Start Menu

Crunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any time I press the Start button or tap it on the screen it just freezes. I load games fine, it's just bringing up the Start Menu that's not working at all. I'm using a AK2i using a DSi with the update.

Oh, I did get some sort of error message when I unpacked the .rar for AKAIO, but I can still load it and everything. Any idea on what I should do to fix this?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would imagine your Skin is corrupt. As AKAIO by default comes with 2 skins, change it to the other one. Otherwise your settings could be corrupt.

If you also delete usrcheat.dat, AKAIO can get a little upset and the Start menu plays up.

It's all down to your configuration and probably the error you encountered when unpacking.

Crunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just now took the time to switch it to AKAIO, so I haven't changed a single setting on it. I did switch the usrcheat.dat with my own though. I'll try switching back to the default usrcheat file and see what happens. I can post some screenshots in a minute or two.

Crunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently, I didn't get the usrcheat folder at all whenever I unpacked it. I believe that happened a week or two ago with the same file as well. I'll try unpacking it with a different program.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crunk said:
So apparently, I didn't get the usrcheat folder at all whenever I unpacked it. I believe that happened a week or two ago with the same file as well. I'll try unpacking it with a different program.
Go ahead and try that or also redownload it as well. This has happened to me multiple times, in order to fix I just deleted the globalsettings.ini. This will completely reset your custom settings and the configuration file will be recompiled upon the next boot up of AKAIO.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crunk said:
Is that all in the __aio directory??? There should a lot more than that. Should be more like this after one boot:

aio.jpg

You can download AKAIO 1.6RC2 from here. Extract using 7-Zip. Its free and fast.

Crunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's all there is. I thought there should be more considering the official firmware has just as many as you have. The only download that I found always ends up with only those three things. I've used both WinRAR and 7zip to unpack the damn thing and same result.

Edit: I looked at my first download of AKAIO and it was 89kb. I download from that link, which I originally used, and it's like over 2mbs and looks like the picture you posted. >_>

Thank you, I imagine everything should work fine now.

Crunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations, but I'm still having trouble... I've still got the Menu causing my cart to freeze.

Edit: Fixed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT