Hacking AKAIO 1.5

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, it's great that AKAIO 1.5 has been released and such stuff, but I've got a question about it. I just got an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper Repack (or something like that) and installed it to my MicroSD together with the ak2ifw_update_14. When I started the Acekard 2i on my NDSi, I clicked on the ak2ifw_update_14 icon and updated my Acekard 2i to the firmware version 1.4 so that I could also update my Nintendo DSi to firmware version 1.4.

Now comes my question.

I deleted all AKAIO files including the AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper Repack and the ak2ifw_update_14 file and installed AKAIO 1.5 on my MicroSD. BUT, is there a ak2ifw_update_... file for AKAIO 1.5? I need it, otherwise the Nintendo DSi and Acekard 2i don't support the AKAIO 1.5... RIGHT?

Can someone please fully explain it to me? Do I need an Acekard 2i firmware update file with an 1.5 behind it?

Damn, I'm desperate..

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
All you need to do is remove all traces of akaio 1.4.1 and also the ak2i_Fw_update file, then copy over the 1.5 files and you're good to go.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No as soon as your do the upgrade the first time thats it. The upgrade upgrades your Acekard 2i not the AKAIO 1.4. That means it will work with all the firmwares.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Elechadram said:
Okay, it's great that AKAIO 1.5 has been released and such stuff, but I've got a question about it. I just got an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper Repack (or something like that) and installed it to my MicroSD together with the ak2ifw_update_14. When I started the Acekard 2i on my NDSi, I clicked on the ak2ifw_update_14 icon and updated my Acekard 2i to the firmware version 1.4 so that I could also update my Nintendo DSi to firmware version 1.4.

Now comes my question.

I deleted all AKAIO files including the AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper Repack and the ak2ifw_update_14 file and installed AKAIO 1.5 on my MicroSD. BUT, is there a ak2ifw_update_... file for AKAIO 1.5? I need it, otherwise the Nintendo DSi and Acekard 2i don't support the AKAIO 1.5... RIGHT?

Can someone please fully explain it to me? Do I need an Acekard 2i firmware update file with an 1.5 behind it?

Damn, I'm desperate..

just use the same 1.4 fix you have but if previously you had updated your ak2i with the 1.4 fix then you don't need to do it again!

italianmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ak2ifw update file only needs to be run once and then you can delete it, all that file does is change the internal firmware of the acekard so it can run on the DSi 1.4, it has nothing to do with AKAIO

crashman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar question to the OPs...

So regardless of this new akaio verison, my Acekard 2i is still going to show up as the "Danny Phantom" game if I update my AK2i to be DSi firmware 1.4 compatible? I know it's not a big deal but I've been sticking with the old DSi firmware because I enjoy my Acekard 2i logo so much!

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's still going to show up as Danny Pahntom. You may as well as you get to use the DSiware store, browser and other features. Otherwise you're deafeting the point of the DSi a bit.

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aaah.. sweet. Thank you guys for helping me out
smile.gif

So, the Acekard 2i firmware update 1.4 file can be used, regardless of the version of your AKAIO?

I conclude that when a Nintendo DSi firmware update 1.5 comes out, there will be an Acekard 2i 1.5 fix also right?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Elechadram said:
smile.gif

So, the Acekard 2i firmware update 1.4 file can be used, regardless of the version of your AKAIO?

I conclude that when a Nintendo DSi firmware update 1.5 comes out, there will be an Acekard 2i 1.5 fix also right?

YES, provided team acekard still supports ak2
smile.gif

crashman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
It's still going to show up as Danny Pahntom. You may as well as you get to use the DSiware store, browser and other features. Otherwise you're deafeting the point of the DSi a bit.

Thanks for the reply...

very true, but the fact is... The DSi was my first and only DS and quite frankly, I'm only interested in playing the retail games (roms). I should have bought a DS Lite because I still love my GBA but, I didn't know any better at the time of purchase.

I'm really lucky they decided to release this new AKAIO now, I was just days away from ordering a M3i Zero because I thought the AK2i was virtually dead.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's understandable. I'm not going to make a passionate speech about why you should update because I don't think the DSi is worth it. The browser still rubbish, the photo quality is as good as my phone, the voice recording app is only ten seconds long and it's not that easy to use as an MP3 player. However DSiware looks like it'll have some decent puzzle games ( I do want Dr Mario) so you might want to to upgrade just for that. You only see the acekard logo for five seconds maximum so it's not really a loss.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Elechadram said:
smile.gif

That is true! Use of bold randomly is also very awesome because it makes you look cool! Yay us!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning