Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Can anyone tell me what color modes are? Some people ive seen from other topics are like "Start it in red mode" something like that,if you don't know what im talking about,or you have a clue,feel free to correct/clue me in. I have had no problems what so ever,but I like some info. =)

Read the wiki.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pendor said:
omgpwn666 said:
Can anyone tell me what color modes are? Some people ive seen from other topics are like "Start it in red mode" something like that,if you don't know what im talking about,or you have a clue,feel free to correct/clue me in. I have had no problems what so ever,but I like some info. =)

Read the wiki.

Damn me. Your right rofl
Thanks =P

---------------
Ok,so I wont need that color crap unless the game I run is working oddly. If one ever does I will try the "DMA" thing. lol

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pendor said:
nanika said:
Any reason the Japanese font has turned kiddie-looking and is missing some characters? And is there any way to switch it back?

It's working fine here.

Try doing a clean 1.5 install, deleting the old files first.
I've tried formatting and re-adding the files... I still get the same new font. This picture has an example of the font I see, in the right speech bubble. Selecting Japanese for the system language works fine and the font is the same as 1.4.1 there, it's just the Japanese that comes up when English (or any other language but Japanese or Chinese) is the system language. The fullwidth ampersand (?) is one of the characters that don't show up in the new font, coming up as a question mark (?) in the normal English font instead.

D

Deleted User

For starters, thanks to the AKAIO team for the awesome update!

for newbies like myself: open the 1.5 file with 7-Zip, I was using
another program until about 5 minutes ago--and 7-Zip is vastly superior
(and the files come in folders etc) when extracted.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
nanika said:
Pendor said:
nanika said:
Any reason the Japanese font has turned kiddie-looking and is missing some characters? And is there any way to switch it back?

It's working fine here.

I've tried formatting and re-adding the files... I still get the same new font. This picture has an example of the font I see, in the right speech bubble. Selecting Japanese for the system language works fine and the font is the same as 1.4.1 there, it's just the Japanese that comes up when English (or any other language but Japanese or Chinese) is the system language. The fullwidth ampersand (?) is one of the characters that don't show up in the new font, coming up as a question mark (?) in the normal English font instead.

Can you please tell me a game or upload a text file with all the missing characters and i will get it fixed.

LUGiA

Trophies
XP
Country
Kingdom Harts 385/2 Days (USA) - when you choose returm to main menu does to 2 black screens

will this be fixed in nest lader update?

xlaw888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Henry Hatsworth said:
Kingdom Harts 385/2 Days (USA) - when you choose returm to main menu does to 2 black screens

Use No DMA mode by holding the "A" button while loading...

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xlaw888 said:
Henry Hatsworth said:

Use No DMA mode by holding the "A" button while loading...

No use, it forces New DMA anyway (red loading).

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
nanika said:
Pendor said:
nanika said:

It's working fine here.

Can you please tell me a game or upload a text file with all the missing characters and i will get it fixed.
My first problem was that the font inserted into tahoma.pcf in the 1.5 update isn't the font used in 1.4.1, which seems to have been a fallback to wenquanyi_9pt.pcf, and the 1.5 font is harder to read (a character that should be a straight line looks like a ~, for example), and whether there was any way to revert to the font behaviour of 1.4.1.
But if it's impossible to put the Japanese kana from wenquanyi_9pt.pcf into tahoma.pcf, then at least to put the characters which are included in game headers but aren't currently included in tahoma.pcf into tahoma.pcf. So far all I've found actually in game names is the fullwidth ampersand (unicode 0xFF06), which is in the header of the game Atama no Kaiten no Training: Rubik Cube & Chou Yuumei Puzzle-tachi, although other fullwidth characters (unicode 0xFF01-0xFF60 roughly) may be in other games I haven't checked.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bomberman 2 Battle Mode and soft-reset post entering it are working fine on new loader
smile.gif
. Kingdom Hearts return to title screen too, thanks a lot AKAIO Team.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will copy-pasting txtview.ak4 of 1.4.1 to the plugins folder of 1.5 be effective?

I really want to join the bandwagon, this is the only thing holding me back. Thanks

Who's complaining that the plugins system was "outdated" anyway? Does it make akAIO "bloated" or something?

C'mon.

Kiiro_Yakumo

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
aimansss95 - You can always backup save and try diffrent ways to run the game
smile.gif

xlaw888 - oh that's good Kingdom Hearts is playable, my friend wanted play it very badly
biggrin.gif
(I mean very much)

I guess I will give it a shot with Pokemon Platinum but I guess they will work as well
smile.gif

siryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I try to delete the old file, then install the new AKAIO 1.5, update the loader, but still. It causing random freezing.

Anyone have the same problem with me??

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stivsama said:
Will copy-pasting txtview.ak4 of 1.4.1 to the plugins folder of 1.5 be effective?

I really want to join the bandwagon, this is the only thing holding me back. Thanks

Who's complaining that the plugins system was "outdated" anyway? Does it make akAIO "bloated" or something?

C'mon.
I know I've been arguing against the plugins for a long time. All the frills like text editing, video and audio support, etc. should be beyond the scope of a firmware alternative like this. The point is to load games, and manage resources for files and necessary functions like cheat that couldn't be handled otherwise. If you want those other things, there is Moonshell, DS Organize, and plenty more.

Next you kids will be asking for screen savers and an on screen mouse icon you drag around to click on things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No we can't prescribe antipsychotics this isn't teladoc