Hacking AKAIO 1.5 Released

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
doyama said:
JohanX said:
Why does the "LOADING" text turn red while loading some games, and green while loading others with 1.5?

I know with 1.4 the green meant it was using DMA mode, or something like that. But I never saw RED text...

Some games requires disabling the DMA mode. Blood of Bahamut is one where enabling DMA mode causes the save game to become corrupted. So the loader loads such a game in non-DMA mode. There are a few such games scattered about but is not a cause for concern.

Bomberman 2 is an example, it loads on the old DMA mode. But it's crashing, I'll try it on the new loader right now.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maedhros said:
doyama said:
JohanX said:
Why does the "LOADING" text turn red while loading some games, and green while loading others with 1.5?

I know with 1.4 the green meant it was using DMA mode, or something like that. But I never saw RED text...

Some games requires disabling the DMA mode. Blood of Bahamut is one where enabling DMA mode causes the save game to become corrupted. So the loader loads such a game in non-DMA mode. There are a few such games scattered about but is not a cause for concern.

Bomberman 2 is an example, it loads on the old DMA mode. But it's crashing, I'll try it on the new loader right now.

Still not working

mnbv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I CAN FINALLY PLAY MARIO LUIGI 3!!!! (Warning! Warning! Major meltdown damage sustained!!!)
yaynds.gif

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
When loading Scribblenauts, the "LOADING" starts out blue then turns red. Under 1.4.1, it started blue then turned green and appeared to work just fine.

It's no big deal, as long as the game runs correctly :-)

I had never seen a red "LOADING" before, so I was wondering what that meant...

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anybody bothered reading the AKAIO WIKI FAQs.. which most don't... they'd know all you need to know about what AKAIO does.

Green is the New DMA mode which make some games work better; although it drains the battery power much faster from my experiences using it.

Red is the Old DMA mode and some older games work better with this than with the New DMA mode; I have noticed that it isn't as draining of the battery than the Green mode is.

Blue/No Change, is the Non-DMA mode and some games work only with that; It is also the least draining of the battery.

I personally always use Non-DMA mode if i can because of the battery drain.

Which reminds me, is there anywhere in AKAIO that you can always force a particular mode to be active for that game because I'd like that since I'm tired of having to hold the button all the time. If not, It would be a nice feature to add.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Woo! Just ordered an Acekard2i on the strength of this release. I ordered it from Dealextreme so AKAIO 1.6 will probably be out by the time I receive it.
laugh.gif

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazy-S said:
so with this we can play DSi enhanced games on AK2i?
What fo you mean by "DSi enhanced"? You mean games that use the camera & DSi exclusive hardware?

As far as I know, the only games that use that hardware are ones that you buy at the online shop. I don't think there are any cartridges that use that hardware, are there?

Dark X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
WHAT!!!
they fix the freeze problem in PoR, that's wonderful
laugh.gif

Thank you very much AKAIO team, especially you Normatt and Yellow Wood Goblin for solving the issues with PoR.
Damn it, it's hard to find someone here who can buy the AK2i for me, I don't want to continue another year with my stupid R4.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
2876 - Dragon Ball: Origins

Needs to be loaded with A pressed "blue mode" otherwise the game will not identify the save.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang it, Im freaking out. My DSi screen got cracked so I sent it in for repair. They sent it back today fixed, but it looks like they put the new firmware on, because when I try to load the Acekard 2i cart Ive always used, it says there is an error please check the DSi manual. So I thought no biggie, Ill update my Acekard firmware, which I did to this firmware, but it says the same thing. It says it right away, like its not even loading the card. Does anyone know what it could be? I had a regular game around here somewhere that I was going to test and see if it did the same thing, but I cant find it. If I have to send it in again that will suck...

Edit: I just found this on their site:

"An Error Occurred. Press and hold POWER to turn the system off."

When do you see this error?

1. If you see this error while playing a Nintendo DS game card game:
There are no known issues that create this error with any Nintendo DS game card games. Our experience shows that if you see this error, your game is likely a counterfeit product. Please click here for information on identifying and reporting counterfeit products.

How can I load the new firmware if I cant even get the DSi to start it?

Edit 2: I figured it out kind of. I hadnt updated the firmware right, I actually used my regular DS to update the firmware using an actual loader, and then tried it on my Dsi and it works. But now Im confused on how to get it on the 1.5. The instructions say to just copy the ds file and the folder to the root of your card? You dont load a loader or anything???

mkkid28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's something, My Acekard 2.1 wont load games up anymore when I turn soft reset off in the system settings, I turn it back on again and it works. Not really bothered just thought I'd post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog? Hilarious! Your uncle beating your dog then making you watch him molest it? Kinda ehhhh drama lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do people hate seasons 20 and 23 of south park?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores, like every game has a negative rating, even though they are good games.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    With south park, they speak the truth, whether people like it or not, then peeps get they're panties in a bunch.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    See ya later fr
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Later gator
    +2
  • G @ GamerGatorDoesTech:
    @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa
    +1
  • Shgofc @ Shgofc:
    if i think i exist, then, i dont exi...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
  • wiihackZlol @ wiihackZlol:
    hey anyone here?
    wiihackZlol @ wiihackZlol: hey anyone here?