akaio 1.5.1 cheats not working?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Jupiterman, Jan 3, 2010.

Jan 3, 2010
  1. Jupiterman
    OP

Newcomer Jupiterman Member

United States
    Ok so I've got several games, AKAIO 1.5.1 [says white screen is fixed]. So I go to the system options, enable cheats. I turn only one cheat on to assure that I haven't activated too many; press select to save them. [Tried on Rune Factory, Pokemon pearl and platinum, and animal crossing] All are US except for AC. I then go to any game and i press A...nothing, It freezes on a white screen and nothing more happens. I'm sure there are plenty more topics about this but I've yet to find one exactly like what's happening to me.

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    try a game that isn't a known pain-in-the-ass to run. pokemon and animal crossing have been a pain to get working. norm has worked a long time on just those series of games. i've been using cheats with all of the akaio 1.5 betas and now 1.5.1. i haven't had any white screens.

everything else is working correctly? no white screens on loading of games without patching turned on?

-another world

3. Jupiterman
    OP

United States
    It's all been running perfectly smooth untill I enable cheats. Well Rune Factory? FF3 and 4? I've tried plenty of games, no luck on any of them at all. I've even tried using different Cheat databases. None of it works at all. Prior to AKAIO 1.5 I hadn't had a problem.

4. FirstDuke

Newcomer FirstDuke Member

Malaysia
    try enable: download, cheat and reset. enable all on the 4th tabs except autorun. i think willl work now

5. Jupiterman
    OP

United States
    unfortunately...still white screen.

6. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany
    Let me try with Pokemon Platinum... Working - check
    FF4... Working - check

I don't know what's wrong with your card but did you try to re-install AKAIO?

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    when you get to that point that others say it works, then its time to run the panasonic formatter on your msd and reinstall akaio from a fresh download. save your globalsettings.ini and replace it so that your akaio is the way you left it.

it could be the dumps of the roms you are using or it could be something occuring with the cheat db update. formatting can be annoying when you are using larger capacity cards but it is something that, more often than not, will fix your problem.

-another world

8. Jupiterman
    OP

United States
    I got a few of them working. For whatever reason I have to enable download, soft resest, and cheats in the rom settings and in the system options in order for them to work.

9. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany

Heh oO So you did NOT do it before, heh?

10. rafaelluik

Newcomer rafaelluik Member

Brazil
    1. delete files in folder __aio/cheats/cc
    2. delete all cc files that the card make for your games (gamename.cc file for example)
    3. "The cheat patch needs to be enabled or else the cheats will not work. The patch can be enabled globally at Start > System Options > Default Patch Options."

Source: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...o_Enable_Cheats