LittleBigMods

OP
Trophies
Website
www.littlebigmods.net
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot of bugs that I noticed only on AKAIO 1.5 and AKAIO 1.5.1. I don't remember exactly what all of them were, but I'll edit this post once I either find more, or remember what they were.

Bugs:
  • Cheats don't work with some games (i.e. Pokémon SoulSilver) after being patched, even if the Game ID remain the same
  • The AKAIO menu freezes if the DS is put into standby mode
Fixes:

Legend: Change (Not a bug, but a significant change in AKAIO 1.5.1 from previous versions) Bug (No fix found) Bug (Semi-fix found) Bug (Fix found)
Note: This legend only applies to the "Bugs" list. If there are colored sections in the "Fixes" list, that is because there are multiple fixes that are grouped to one, specific problem.
Note: A semi-fix means that an unpractical fix was found for that specific bug.

LittleBigMods

OP
Trophies
Website
www.littlebigmods.net
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Those aren't bugs, softreset and cheats are disabled by default. You need to enable them in the settings screen.

In AKAIO 1.4, even while on "Default", the soft-reset function was always enabled, and the cheats were automatically off, but were enabled once a cheat was selected.

QUOTE(lolzed @ Jan 8 2010, 11:11 PM) 3.values would/might be different so naturally cheats won't work this thread is crap.
I've seen a lot of threads about problems with AKAIO 1.5.1, so rather than making a new thread for each problem/bug, wouldn't it be better to just make one thread for discussing and listing all of them?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
LittleBigMods -> right - why many thread when one is enough?
but dont forget to contact the right people - the best site for writing your trouble with akaio is http://www.normmatt.com/forum/ THE HOME SITE of this cool system.

ordinary gbatemp users cant help you to "rewrite" akaio source code or so to "un-bug" it

LittleBigMods

OP
Trophies
Website
www.littlebigmods.net
XP
Country
United States
penthaler said:
LittleBigMods -> right - why many thread when one is enough?
but dont forget to contact the right people - the best site for writing your trouble with akaio is http://www.normmatt.com/forum/ THE HOME SITE of this cool system.

ordinary gbatemp users cant help you to "rewrite" akaio source code or so to "un-bug" it

I forgot the site. Thanks
smile.gif
But at least we can keep GBATemp from being flooded with simple AKAIO bug reports.
smile.gif

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IchigoUchiha13 said:
Smiths said:
So wait...

Options that are off by default don't work unless you turn them on?

HOLY SHIT
i think its just the Soft Reset and Cheats Usage Option but wait you didnt Know that Smith?

sarcasm.jpg

Why is this topic still open? Couldn't find a single bug here, just random problems on your end caused by either a corrupt card or just plain idiocy.

Right now, it's doing more damage than good and it'll prolly mislead some people.

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Pendor said:
IchigoUchiha13 said:
Smiths said:
So wait...

Options that are off by default don't work unless you turn them on?

HOLY SHIT
i think its just the Soft Reset and Cheats Usage Option but wait you didnt Know that Smith?

sarcasm.jpg

Why is this topic still open? Couldn't find a single bug here, just random problems on your end caused by either a corrupt card or just plain idiocy.

Right now, it's doing more damage than good and it'll prolly mislead some people.
right Sarcasm didnt think about that ^^;;

LittleBigMods

OP
Trophies
Website
www.littlebigmods.net
XP
Country
United States
I corrected my post. Those aren't bugs, but changes that were made in AKAIO 1.5 and AKAIO 1.5.1.
One real bug that I found is listed in my first post: The AKAIO menu freezes if the DS is put into standby mode.

I think that this topic should be left open because I will list both bugs and changes, so that people who are new to 1.5 (like me) don't think that certain changes are bugs, and so that a new topic isn't made every time a new bug is found. I don't know why some of you guys need to get so mad about a simple mistake.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
LittleBigMods said:
There are a lot of bugs that I noticed only on AKAIO 1.5 and AKAIO 1.5.1. I don't remember exactly what all of them were, but I'll edit this post once I either find more, or remember what they were.

Bugs:
  • Cheats don't work [Fix Found]
  • Soft-Reset doesn't work [Fix Found]
  • Cheats don't work with some games (i.e. Pokémon SoulSilver) after being patched, even if the Game ID remain the same
Fixes:
  • Cheats won't work: Option 1 - When a ROM is selected, press "Y" to go the the ROM Properties, the press "Y" again to access the ROM Settings. When in the ROM Settings menu, change the "Cheat/Action Replay" value from "Default" to "Enabled".
  • Cheats won't work: Option 2 -Go to the "System Settings" from the "Start" menu, then press "L" once. Find the option "Cheat code usage" and switch it to "Enabled"
  • Soft-Reset doesn't work: Option 1 - When a ROM is selected, press "Y" to go the the ROM Properties, the press "Y" again to access the ROM Settings. When in the ROM Settings menu, change the "Soft-Reset" value from "Default" to "Enabled".
  • Soft-Reset doesn't work: Option 2 -Go to the "System Settings" from the "Start" menu, then press "L" once. Find the option "Soft-Reset" and switch it to "Enabled"
Legend: Change (Not a bug, but a significant change in AKAIO 1.5.1 from previous versions) Bug (No fix found) Bug (Semi-fix found) Bug (Fix found)
Note: This legend only applies to the "Bugs" list. If there are colored sections in the "Fixes" list, that is because there are multiple fixes that are grouped to one, specific problem.
Note: A semi-fix means that an unpractical fix was found for that specific bug.

[*]Cheats don't work [Fix Found]
[*]Soft-Reset doesn't work [Fix Found]
aren't changes they have been defaulting to off since akaio 1.0

[*]Cheats don't work with some games (i.e. Pokémon SoulSilver) after being patched, even if the Game ID remain the same
is user error.

[*]The AKAIO menu freezes if the DS is put into standby mode
I cannot reproduce this.

tehpatches

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what's cute about all of this. None of the bug fixes work. I have soft-reset and cheat usage enabled on system properties and the .nds files properties. The problem is when i go to load the game it just says loading and doesn't change. AKAIO is amazing
wink2.gif

I mean this is a relatively old game i'm trying to pop cheats on so what's the problem? Should I get an older version of AKAIO?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LittleBigMods said:
Akothegreat said:
LittleBigMods said:

Why do you even have to do that? Just turn it off, it's just from the menu anyway

When I said AKAIO menu, I also meant the ROMs list, settings, updater etc.

works fine here.
could be card corruption? back up your card, do a full format (not quick) and put all your files back on.

Akothegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
hartleyshc said:
LittleBigMods said:
Akothegreat said:
LittleBigMods said:

Why do you even have to do that? Just turn it off, it's just from the menu anyway

When I said AKAIO menu, I also meant the ROMs list, settings, updater etc.

works fine here.
could be card corruption? back up your card, do a full format (not quick) and put all your files back on.

I get it now, it was just wifi plugin. When I upgraded it to the latest, it started to freeze when waking up during update.
From the ak menu, it doesn't freeze. the sounds just stops working but playable, the official fw has this too

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
LittleBigMods said:
Bugs:

• akaio is for clean roms only. if your patched roms are failing to work that isn't akaio's fault. what are you patching for by the way?

akaio does not freeze when i put my ds lite into standby mode. try formating your msd.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ