Hacking AKAIO 1.4.1 + EZ Flash 3 in 1 + Mario Advance 4 SMB3 = doesn't wor

|Tch0rT&#12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros 3 to work with AKAIO 1.4.1 and an EZ Flash 3 in 1 (old version not the +). The title screens load up fine but when I select a file it says "Your saved data is corrupted."

Any help is appreciated.
yaynds.gif

Ryan

|Tch0rT&#12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says it everytime I load the ROM. I patched it with an IPS file and that got it to work but it would no longer save my game upon reboot. I tried another ROM and the file select screen was garbled, I got a v1.1 ROM and it goes back to the Corrupt Save again.
frown.gif

Ryan

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i just ran some tests using akaio 1.4.1 proper....

1173 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (E)(Menace) [37141F32] - FAILS
1195 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (U)(Independent) [A44BA79F] - FAILS
1613 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (E)(Indecline) [8D84ACFC] - FAILS
2140 - Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (U)(Trashman) [88DAB27F] - FAILS

i tried the 4 dumps (1173, 1195, 1613, 2140), each flashed to psram. each time i played 1 level, saved, quit back to the main menu, double checked the save was there, and finally turned off the ds. turned it back on, dumped the save, reloaded the rom and loaded the save. the save fails to work. it appears to load correctly, nothing errors in akaio. each game sessions says "new" instead of displaying my saved game.

is this an issue with this rom not being on an actual cart, or an akaio 3in1 bug?

-another world

|Tch0rT&#12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for confirming that there is a problem with SMA4:SMB3. After playing around some more with the GBA games I'm finding that none of the games actually save what I do. It creates a .sav but everytime I start a new game it doesn't have any save game data.
frown.gif

Ryan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show