Hacking AKAIO 1.3b2

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Speaking of Japanese support, I notice that when displaying internal names on the file list, Japanese characters now appear as question marks (they used to appear as underscores, so maybe this is progress).

Also, is there a way to make the Acekard boot straight to the microSD list rather than the microSD/SLOT-2 option?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Aerundel said:
Chri5 said:
clean your card and your ds

hes acekard doesnt start up all the time

You're kidding right? The moment I installed b1 (which I didn't take the cart out for, just the SD), my cart suddenly got dirty? This isn't some random occurrence, it's repeatable. Set to Auto, it auto-loads. Next time, and every other time after that, it doesn't auto-load until I set it to Auto again. The DS reads the cart info fine. I can simply hit A at the DS menu and load the AK2. Something is different in the betas. I'll even go back and install 1.2 right now to confirm this.

Edit: Confirmed. Beta is causing the problem. I'm still gonna use it though because it's just that awesome
biggrin.gif

There is no possible way that akaio can be causing problems with it not showing up in the nds firmware. All flashcart have a bootrom which loads teh main firmware off the sd card.
Reformat your sd with the Panasonic SD tool.

QUOTE(Vague Rant @ Nov 27 2008, 11:10 PM)
Speaking of Japanese support, I notice that when displaying internal names on the file list, Japanese characters now appear as question marks (they used to appear as underscores, so maybe this is progress).

Also, is there a way to make the Acekard boot straight to the microSD list rather than the microSD/SLOT-2 option?

Internal name view mode won't be showing japanese characters for awhile if at all, it would cause too much lag i'm afraid.

AKAIO should auto load up the last directory you launched a rom from on next boot.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
RPG users rejoice!!

The new beta 1.3b2 has run every game I've tossed at the NAND so far
smile.gif

Awesome work guys, thanks for all the hard work you do getting AKAIO purring>

I just noticed (of course I would) that commercial roms with custom icons (line rider) shows all the proper info in the 'Y' button properties. Very nice
biggrin.gif

Yep... I fixed that for ya. Required a stupid hack for the "closing rom info window"

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
DaMummy said:
bri you ak is sucking lately, wtf? grab your old globalsettings file and put it with new loader or something

I tried copying over the old globalsettings.ini but it didn't make a difference. I'm guessing it's crashing before it reaches the point where it reads or creates that file.

Since I only have problems with AKAIO beta (it works just fine with the official menu and AKAIO 1.2) and there's nothing at all unusual about my setup (NDS Lite, black PCB AK2.1+, Japanese Kingston 2GB microSD), I suspect that others will have the same problems.

Otherwise, I guess I'll have to use the official menu. That would suck.

-Bri

I dunno. Delete all the ini files.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
Bri said:
DaMummy said:
bri you ak is sucking lately, wtf? grab your old globalsettings file and put it with new loader or something

I tried copying over the old globalsettings.ini but it didn't make a difference. I'm guessing it's crashing before it reaches the point where it reads or creates that file.

Since I only have problems with AKAIO beta (it works just fine with the official menu and AKAIO 1.2) and there's nothing at all unusual about my setup (NDS Lite, black PCB AK2.1+, Japanese Kingston 2GB microSD), I suspect that others will have the same problems.

Otherwise, I guess I'll have to use the official menu. That would suck.

-Bri

I dunno. Delete all the ini files.

I'll try it tomorrow.

-Bri

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This new release of AKAIO seems to have fixed the problems I had with 1.2 and it's really nice that Japanese games can be displayed with Japanese characters. But when using the "Internal Name" as filelist style it just shows a bunch of question marks.

I'm also having troubles with my EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe as it gets detected as a 3-in-1 and launches the first game that I have in NOR. I know that there was a line that I needed to add to the globalsettings.ini in order to disable EZ Flash V 3-in-1 autodetection, but I don't remember it anymore. So could you please remind me what line it was?

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
This new release of AKAIO seems to have fixed the problems I had with 1.2 and it's really nice that Japanese games can be displayed with Japanese characters. But when using the "Internal Name" as filelist style it just shows a bunch of question marks.

I'm also having troubles with my EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe as it gets detected as a 3-in-1 and launches the first game that I have in NOR. I know that there was a line that I needed to add to the globalsettings.ini in order to disable EZ Flash V 3-in-1 autodetection, but I don't remember it anymore. So could you please remind me what line it was?

1st thing) Scroll up. Japanese internal names will be question marks. will slow things down way too much to have otherwise
2nd) EZ3in1startupcheck = 0 is what you want.
(although I should add I thought cory and i fixed that with the last release... it's supposed to go "it's not a 3in1 or a flashadvance, so i'll set the rompage to x8000.... odd)

Aerundel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
There is no possible way that akaio can be causing problems with it not showing up in the nds firmware. All flashcart have a bootrom which loads teh main firmware off the sd card.
Reformat your sd with the Panasonic SD tool.

But it DOES show up. That's what I keep saying. It auto-loads once, then forgets the setting afterward. Regardless, the DS detects the cart fine (i.e. it shows "Acekard 2, www.acekard.com" with the AK2 icon to the left). I'll format my SD again, but I really don't see how this will change anything. I'll update this post in a few minutes.

Edit: Reformatting did not remove the issue. Both FAT 16 and 32 were tried.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n00b question here:

"- Some game fixes (Brain Age 2 (K), Chrono Trigger)."

Been out of it for a while. Does this include the (U) version too? There's no need to apply a single patch or cheat at all?

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
re: Chrono Trigger - it's both

re: the boot straight to rom. I dunno if AKAIO is touching the BIOS in any regard. it does make sense that if you have a "auto load DS game" setting, it should auto load the AceKard.
I understand what you're talking about now. But again, I have a FlashMe'd DS and won't be undoing that anytime soon.

FlashMe is the way to be and is easy as hell.

n/a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the excellent work guys, Loading games from NAND finally works! One problem that I encountered though is, when playing a game and then you decide to "Soft Reset", you are brought back to the area where it would say "Flash Memory, MicroSD, etc..", and not the area where the file is located. And also, when that area loads, no Skin is loaded and no Text is shown, all you see is a Black Background on Both Screens and just the Icons for the different Types of Memory (Flash Memory, MicroSD, etc..), and the selection bar is a "Minty-Green" color. If you press A to select one of the Memory options or if you press the "START" button, akAIO OS freezes.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
seren said:
Games now work from the NAND on my RPG ... but has stopped working from the microSD (all games).

Formatting doesn't help.

Yup, same situation here. I got so excited about the NAND working, that I didn't even think the SD loading would be a problem o.O

I tried four or five games from SD all gave me B/WSOD

Smiths

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
n/a said:
Thanks for the excellent work guys, Loading games from NAND finally works! One problem that I encountered though is, when playing a game and then you decide to "Soft Reset", you are brought back to the area where it would say "Flash Memory, MicroSD, etc..", and not the area where the file is located. And also, when that area loads, no Skin is loaded and no Text is shown, all you see is a Black Background on Both Screens and just the Icons for the different Types of Memory (Flash Memory, MicroSD, etc..), and the selection bar is a "Minty-Green" color. If you press A to select one of the Memory options or if you press the "START" button, akAIO OS freezes.

That's an error with loading from your card. Check your card, clean contacts, etc... it's not AKAIO.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! O well. Hope the SD issue gets sorted out soon (I have a BUNCH of SD cards). Good work, though. I like it!
happy.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aerundel said:
The Auto Mode that you can choose in the DS's native menu. If it detects a DS cart, it loads that instead of going to the DS's menu every time. So as soon as you get past the Health and Safety screen, it loads the AK2. Right now it's loading the AK2 the first time after I set the option, then it seems to forget after that, and I have to set it every other time I power on the DS.
Aye, just tested that out too and I'm having the same exact problem.

Some sort of conflict between the DSLite firmware saved settings and the AK2?

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
I found a slight bug in this beta (not sure if anyone else has had this problem). It seems that each time I boot up the Acekard 2, and then turn off the DS, the DS BIOS/Firmware/GUI/Insert-correct-name-here (you get the picture.) has its language changed from E/D/I/F/S to Japanese whenever I reboot. At first I thought it might just be the card, as I recently got it, but I changed to v4.12 firmware (the latest) and now I'm no longer having this issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh