Hacking ak2i problem with phantom hourglass and dq ix

kotch7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an acekard 2i with akaio 1.7 and i am having problems with these 2 games..

Zelda glitches on the intro part where you fall into the whirlpool, the sound is also messed up.

and dq 9 as soon as I load it goes to a white screen and stays there.

I have a 4 gb sandisk sd which is class 2 and my dsi is ver 1.2.

Could the sd card be the problem?

Any help is appreciated!

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) Back up your saves and games

2) Download & install the SD Formatter. Format your MicroSD with it. Set it to FULL Erase ON and Format Size Adjustment OFF.

3) Download AKAIO 1.7.1 fresh. Extract & copy the "__aio" folder & "akmenu4.nds" to the root of the SD card.

4) Go here and download the updated loaders. Extract the file and copy the ak2loader.nds to SD:\__aio\loaders, overwriting the existing file.

5) Create a "Games" folder and place you games & saves in there. Make sure your save files have the extension *.sav in lowercase.

kotch7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok I tried all that, even the reformat and zelda still glitches and sound is choppy at that scene and cant get past it.

any other ideas?

D

Deleted User

Yes, the SD card could be a problem, the reason I say so is b/c
DQ IX, (even with AP) manages to load up the basic introduction before crashing once you start the game.

If you don't mind me asking where/how did you acquire the memory card? I, myself am guilty of purchasing a high capacity
fake memory card in the last few months. The main problems are read/write corruption, the dead give away was that my
card wouldn't save :-/

If your card is a bad-batch/fakes then not even the micro-SD formatted will do it much justice (though it does help w/ AKAIO 1.7)

kotch7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i got my memory card is a bundle with my acekard from 4coolday,

its a 4gb sandisk class 2.

You think its the card?

kotch7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I got dq ix to work, i downloadd xenoms clean release and it seems to work.

still zelda ph doesnt work.

Any ideas?

D

Deleted User

There's always a possibility that it's the card, but if you got DQ IX working with the Xenom release then it really shouldn't be the card. I'd say that the problem with Phantom Hourglass is more a bad rom-dump release, or it could be flash-card related; there are a lot of variables to consider.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kotch7 said:
ok, could anyone pm me a link to a good rom?
Even asking for a PM of a link to a ROM is against forum rules. How about buying that game and dumping it yourself. There are many threads on how to do this.

Blackguedes

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
kotch7 said:
I have an acekard 2i with akaio 1.7 and i am having problems with these 2 games..

Zelda glitches on the intro part where you fall into the whirlpool, the sound is also messed up.

and dq 9 as soon as I load it goes to a white screen and stays there.

I have a 4 gb sandisk sd which is class 2 and my dsi is ver 1.2.

Could the sd card be the problem?

Any help is appreciated!

I'had the same problem with Zelda PH. The solution is change SD card to class 4 or more. My SD card 8GB class 2 make some glitches in some games as Castevania portrait or crash as Zelda PH. I took the SD class 4 from my smartphone and everything works well now: no lags or glitches and no crashes.

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.