Hacking AK2i freezes DSL upon startup

diddysho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS Lite with v5 of firmware on it. I'm using an AK2i I just got from a distributor on AceKard's website and a Sandisk 1gb microSD i already had from before. So I followed the tutorials and all to the T. formatted FAT using panasonic, tried AKAIO, then tried AceKard software, got newest loader, tried old versions of AceKard software and AKAIO. I tried setting the DSL to Auto-Boot and boot to menu. No matter what I try, whenever I have the card in, the DSL freezes 1 second after I turn it on.

Here is a shot of what is displayed when it freezes and just hangs.

IMAG0004.jpg

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Give the contacts on the AceKard a clean.

On mine I get that if I remove the cart while that screen is loading. So perhaps your DS is losing the conenction to the AceKard while loading up? Does it stall in exactly the same place every time?

diddysho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested it with and without the SD card inserted in the cartridge. It freezes at this exact spot every single time, regardless of whether the SD card is inserted to the cartridge or not. Can someone confirm that the DS Lite freezes here when the SD card is not inserted. I think it may be due to the fact that the SD card is not making contact with the cartridge.

It sucks if this is the case because its a brand new card.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
diddysho said:
I tested it with and without the SD card inserted in the cartridge. It freezes at this exact spot every single time, regardless of whether the SD card is inserted to the cartridge or not. Can someone confirm that the DS Lite freezes here when the SD card is not inserted. I think it may be due to the fact that the SD card is not making contact with the cartridge.

It sucks if this is the case because its a brand new card.

It's nothing to do with the SD card, even without one it will still boot.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I also have this trouble on a DSLite - except it's very intemittant, ie not every time

I tried the 'card trick' & although it still does it - it's not as often
(The Ak2i works everytime on a DSi)

Have you a friend with a DSPhat ?? or has the card been updated to work on DSi - try it on that as well

If it works - then the card OK, it's just the usual 'contacts are shorted in a DSLite' fault
If it doesn't then it NFG (No F**king Good)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: