AK2i and RPG time is wrong on .sav (GMT)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kineticUk, Sep 25, 2009.

Sep 25, 2009
  1. kineticUk
    OP

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hello everyone.

Hope somebody can confirm if they have noticed anything similar.

Both my AK RPG and AK2i are writing the wrong time to savegames. I've checked this with AKAIO 1.5 on a DSL with RPG and DSi with AK2i.
    Both consoles set to correct time/date, I cannot figure out the problem, poss bug maybe? The time on .sav are ahead by about 3 hours/someminutes. I'm GMT timezone, it shows this which is correct and the date too but time is wrong. I'm going to report it but want to make sure I check here first and do some more testing incase its not an AKAIO fault. I heard a similar problem was fixed recently in the latest loaders which is weird, wonder if this could be related? If anyone in GMT could also check the date stamp on your AKAIO .sav's and let me know?

Also.. seperate note (Hope thats ok) does anyone know if using the RPG animal crossing should load with the Red dma mode or Blue, I'm having some issues with that game on my RPG. Flicker clouds on the title screen, bit slowdown. I am trying to find out more (I have not long been using the RPG) and from what I read on the wiki, animal crossing should load in Red dma mode even on the RPG too... could this be a possible loader issue? It runs much better on my AK2i in Red dma mode.

Thanks anyway I'm pretty new to this, love using AKAIO. Appreciate anyone who can help.

2. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Welcome to the forums. Do yourself a favor and read through a few pages to get familiar with everything. For instance, the timestamp bug was reported and is already solved. Click here for the thread.

(Short answer: Download the 25/09/09 Loaders)

Animal Crossing is working fine on my AK2i on a DSi (1.4) running AKAIO 1.5 with the 25/09/09 loaders. Update your loaders and see if that solves it. In the future, give your full information (see previous sentence) so that we can better troubleshoot what might be causing the problem.

3. kineticUk
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks Rascal, I should have mentioned but obviously I have the latest loaders updated on both cards. Time issue for my files is happening seperately on a DSL with RPG AKAIO 1.5 (Loaders 25/09/09) and DSi with AK2i HW81 AKAIO 1.5 (Loaders 25/09/09).
    I mentioned a similar issue which was fixed, I did read it and thought this could be related..the time was not being written at all with that issue from what I remember.
    I'm gonna try to format/reinstall everything again. If anyone GMT notices incorrect time too let me know, I just wanna see if this is happening to anyone else.
    Thanks.

4. kineticUk
    OP

United Kingdom
    Any RPG users who have AKAIO installed help?
    AKAIO 1.5 Loaders 25/09/09 on RPG running on a DSL.

I cannot find any solution to this on my own, there was a similar problem fixed with the latest loaders but the timestamp is still wrongon mine. Everything has been setup correctly I have checked. I have Reformatted, Re-D/L and re-installed AKAIO 1.5 downloaded the latest loader for the RPG manually (incase wifi update i used had not worked) but the timestamp is still wrong.

My RPG and AKAIO 1.5 doesn't record the time correctly on files (.sav etc) that it creates/modifies. The time is within about 12 hours of correct GMT.

It would be good to hear from anyone but I think I'll have to report this as a possible bug.

5. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    You are right, after the fix, the timestamp is being given, but is off by a few hours. Haven't tested with the 27/9 loader yet though. It's not really a big deal.