AK2i and DSi-XL Help

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by cortneyma, Dec 12, 2010.

Dec 12, 2010

AK2i and DSi-XL Help by cortneyma at 6:27 PM (1,415 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. cortneyma
    OP

Newcomer cortneyma Newbie

United States
    Hi there.

I've been searching around for some help for a couple days now, and hopefully someone here will be able to answer my questions for me.

Here's my problem...I two new AK2i that I'm trying to get to run on a DSi XL. The DSi XL is running firmware 1.4u and I have updated both AK2i using my DS-Lite to firmware 1.4.1. I also double checked to make sure I'm not running a clone by going through the tutorials (a couple places listed here), except for the fact I did not actually open the AK2i up. (I pulled the sticker off and also checked when I ran the patch using multiple tutorials on the net). I really would like to avoid opening up the card as I don't want to break it; but if that seems like the only solution then I will go there. Given that everything on the outside of the card appears right as well as when I ran the 1.4.1 patch.

When I put the cartridge into the DS-Lite, it works and plays most games fine. When I put the AK2i into the DSi XL, it shows up with the Alex Rider icon, but when I attempt to run the game I get the error like the AK2i isn't on 1.4.1. (an error has occurred, please restart your ds/see manual etc..)

I made sure I downloaded the must updated copies of the Alex Rider patch, as well as the AKAIO 1.8.1 software. I have formatted my SD cards using the Panasonic SD formatter as well. I've looked through the forums and everyone that seems to have the issue like this is pointed to update to the Alex Rider patch (which I have done). Is anyone else seeing an issue like this or can help me out at all? The DSi-XL was just purchased (giving as a gift to my niece) as were the AK2i.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate any help you can offer.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Paper trick?

Contact issues are common.

3. cortneyma
    OP

United States
    Paper trick didn't work. Any other ideas?

4. Hotness1

Newcomer Hotness1 Advanced Member

United States
    Maybe because your DS-XL is running firmware 1.4u and your Acekard is 1.4.1? If thats the case try connecting your DS-XL to WiFi and it will ask you to update.
    [​IMG]

5. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    That wouldn't matter.

Try pushing on the back of your XL where the Acekard goes. If it plays, and then as soon as you let it go, the card freezes, you got a bad card.

My buddy has the same problem. It would work flawlessly in the DSL, but in the XL, whenever he did it, even with the paper trick, it wouldn't work. Try and get a replacement/refund set up before it's too late, if you can.

6. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    This.

You've got an Ak2i, and they're practically notorious for contact issues and bad batches.

If you've got one of the old Ak2i's with the chip in the shell it's a bit better, but the new flat ones aren't that good when it comes to contact.

7. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    It's more of a hit/miss with contact issues with the new flat ones. I have a flat one in my XL, and have no problems. But still.

8. cortneyma
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll be returning the cards and looking for a different one. I had looked into cards a while back and it seemed the ak2i would be a good choice. I didn't want a lot of the same issues I had with my M3 Simply. (though, that is still running most games..LOL)