Homebrew AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, FW, cheats and more directly from the Switch

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Probably some outdated sysmodules not compatible with the latest AMS. Easiest way to get out of this is to delete your atmosphere/contents directory. If that doesn't work, delete sept + atmosphere and do a clean install

running into similar issues, panic with title id 010041544D530000
i did let it disable sysmodules to prevent crashes too

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

SkyDark719

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Do you have any plans to add Mariko support for update Atmosphere in the future with other method?

It doesn't have that feature right now because Mariko does not support reboot to payload, right?

mmsteelers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your hard work, Homlet. This app is great. I just had a question regarding firmware file downloads.

I accidentally closed out of your app before letting it finish downloading a firmware file. Is there a temp directory for incomplete firmware files? I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't taking up any space on my Switch.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your hard work, Homlet. This app is great. I just had a question regarding firmware file downloads.

I accidentally closed out of your app before letting it finish downloading a firmware file. Is there a temp directory for incomplete firmware files? I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't taking up any space on my Switch.
it should be in /config/aio-switch-updater. The fully downloaded file is named firmware.zip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have any plans to add Mariko support for update Atmosphere in the future with other method?

It doesn't have that feature right now because Mariko does not support reboot to payload, right?
Correct. It should be possible to get it to work through payload manipulation, but I haven't got around to do it + I'd have no way to test it works

dawnbringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Using the AIO to update atmos i get to the message saying it wil launch a special payload but hetake opens up what do i need to choose? if i use fusee primary it loads but not updated

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using the AIO to update atmos i get to the message saying it wil launch a special payload but hetake opens up what do i need to choose? if i use fusee primary it loads but not updated
Are you trying to chainload fusee-primary from hekate? If so you'll need to get an up to date fusee primary as yours might be updated. You may download one from AIO-switch-updater itself

MastaG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi I just found out about this amazing tool for updating atmosphere and sigpatches.
I just have one question, does it have an option to copy the payload of choice (in my case hekate) to the root of the sd-card as 'payload.bin'?
This so it gets picked up by my RCM chip :)

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi I just found out about this amazing tool for updating atmosphere and sigpatches.
I just have one question, does it have an option to copy the payload of choice (in my case hekate) to the root of the sd-card as 'payload.bin'?
This so it gets picked up by my RCM chip :)
There is. Edit this file (https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/aio-switch-updater/blob/master/copy_files.json) with the copy operations you want performed (for Hekate it's /bootloader/update.bin) and chuck it in config/aio-switch-updater. After each download, copy operations will be performed in accordance to what you specified. You can also force the operations through the 'batch copy files' in tools

Last edited by Homlet,
Reactions: MastaG and lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is. Edit this file (https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/aio-switch-updater/blob/master/copy_files.json) with the copy operations you want performed (for Hekate it's bootloader/update.bin) and chuck it in config/aio-switch-updater. After each download, copy operations will be performed in accordance to what you specified. You can also force the operations through the 'batch copy files' in tools
Oh very nice, didn't know about this. This makes it even better!

MastaG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup, it's /atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin

Thank you, I now have it like this:
Code:
{
    "/bootloader/update.bin": "/payload.bin",
    "/bootloader/update.bin": "/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin",
    "/bootloader/update.bin": "/bootloader/payloads/hekate.bin"
}

So the hekate payload will be copied as:
/payload.bin: so it gets picked up by my rcm chip at boot-time
/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin: so I can easily reboot into hekate
/bootloader/payloads/hekate.bin: so it shows up in the "Payloads" section in the hekate main menu (just for fun)

However I'm booting atmosphere cfw by chainloading /bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin.
I have it set in mu hekate_ipl.ini like this:
Code:
[CFW - Atmosphere]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin

So it's mandatory that after updating atmosphere cfw, the new fusee-primary.bin is will be copied to the /bootloader/payloads folder as well.
What is the original location of this file?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, I now have it like this:
Code:
{
}

So the hekate payload will be copied as:
/payload.bin: so it gets picked up by my rcm chip at boot-time
/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin: so I can easily reboot into hekate
/bootloader/payloads/hekate.bin: so it shows up in the "Payloads" section in the hekate main menu (just for fun)

However I'm booting atmosphere cfw by chainloading /bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin.
I have it set in mu hekate_ipl.ini like this:
Code:
[CFW - Atmosphere]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin

So it's mandatory that after updating atmosphere cfw, the new fusee-primary.bin is will be copied to the /bootloader/payloads folder as well.
What is the original location of this file?
When you download atmopshere, the fusee-primary.bin is located in atmopshere/reboot_payload.bin. So doing this should work for what you want to do
Code:
{
    "/atmopshere/reboot_payload.bin": "/bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin"
}

Reactions: lordelan and MastaG

MastaG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When you download atmopshere, the fusee-primary.bin is located in atmopshere/reboot_payload.bin. So doing this should work for what you want to do
Code:
{
    "/atmopshere/reboot_payload.bin": "/bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin"
}

Ah yeah, that's right, the original reboot_payload.bin that ships with atmosphere is of course the same file as fusee-primary.bin binary.
You sir deserve a medal.
I'll be donating your coffee :)

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah yeah, that's right, the original reboot_payload.bin that ships with atmosphere is of course the same file as fusee-primary.bin binary.
You sir deserve a medal.
I'll be donating your coffee :)
Thank you!
Do be aware that those copy operations are performed after each download, which means that if you download Hekate after AMS, your reboot_payload.bin would be hekate.bin after downloading AMS, and as such bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin would in reality be hekate.bin after downloading hekate.
To avoid that issue, you can just download Hekate first (from the CFW tab) and then download AMS without getting Hekate when prompted. Alternatively you could download fusee-primary to bootloader/payloads from the tools->download payloads to /bootloader/payloads/ menu

Reactions: lordelan and MastaG

MastaG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you!
Do be aware that those copy operations are performed after each download, which means that if you download Hekate after AMS, your reboot_payload.bin would be hekate.bin after downloading AMS, and as such bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin would in reality be hekate.bin after downloading hekate.
To avoid that issue, you can just download Hekate first (from the CFW tab) and then download AMS without getting Hekate when prompted. Alternatively you could download fusee-primary to bootloader/payloads from the tools->download payloads to /bootloader/payloads/ menu

That's a great idea. then I'll just skip the first line and download fusee-primary manually afterwards.
The only problem I have now that it seems to crash.
For example I select the latest ams 19.3 -> Getting Atmosphere -> Continue -> (it will download) -> Do you want to overwrite existing .ini files? -> Yes -> Extracting... -> Would you like to delete all custom sysmodules? -> Yes -> Crash
Error Code: 2349-0008 (0x115d)
Program 0100000...100D
Firmware: 12.0.2 (Atmosphere M 0.19.3-master-691a453d)

This also happens when the copy_files.json is not present at all.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's a great idea. then I'll just skip the first line and download fusee-primary manually afterwards.
The only problem I have now that it seems to crash.
For example I select the latest ams 19.3 -> Getting Atmosphere -> Continue -> (it will download) -> Do you want to overwrite existing .ini files? -> Yes -> Extracting... -> Would you like to delete all custom sysmodules? -> Yes -> Crash
Error Code: 2349-0008 (0x115d)
Program 0100000...100D
Firmware: 12.0.2 (Atmosphere M 0.19.3-master-691a453d)

This also happens when the copy_files.json is not present at all.
Uh, this is odd. that might be some incompatibility with some sysmodule you have. Can you try running it with full ram access (holding R while launching a game)

PiraFox3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok every time i try to update it crashes or takes me to a hekate that when i click boot, CFW isn't a option. there is no options...or payloads

using atmosphere, and fusee payload.

I click download latest, overwrite ini, when it then asks if i want to download the latest hekate as well. so here is where it goes wrong. if i say no, it goes black screen and crash. If I choose to download the latest hekate it reboots into hekate, but I am stuck there. I can't boot into cfw and when i click payloads nothing is there. Is there a way to just boot into my normal atmosphere without hekate for it to do the update and reboot? I am sure I am overlooking something simple, and for that I am sorry! the only sysmodules that I am using that I know of is the FTPlite

Last edited by PiraFox3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste