Afterbirth on 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by azerti1304, Oct 2, 2016.

1. azerti1304
    OP

azerti1304 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2015
    France
    Hi. It's possible to convert the dlc " The binding of Isaac: Afterbirth" for 3ds like mods from computer with TBolModConversionkit ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by azerti1304, Oct 2, 2016
  2. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I dont know much about it, but what i understand, if you can do it on pc, you can do it on 3ds. So if you can pirate the dlc and run it as a mod on pc, you should be able to load it on the 3ds

3. mironicurse

mironicurse GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    Russia
    I think it's impossible, because Afterbirth also have new mechanics and synergies, therefore new code, and you can't import new code with TBolModConversionkit, i believe.

4. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    It's not possible to add more content to the game. You would either have to remake the entire game from scratch or have the source code.

5. azerti1304
    OP

azerti1304 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2015
    France
    Ok :(

6. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    I remember I asked the person who made mod converter for 3ds and he said that afterbirth isnt just a dlc but it changes some core things in the game. So no, its not possible. Even if it was, the n3ds would not be able to run it, due to the fact it has shitty proccessors.

7. Ann0ying

Ann0ying GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2016
    NtDH! GA!
    Isn't the problem. The problem is that fully optimizing game for 3ds would take a lot of effort. And it's not worth it in dev's opinion.

8. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    ...which means the n3ds has verry low computation power. = shitty proccessors

9. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    No, it means the dev doesn't want to spend the time to optimize DLC for an entirely different system that's not making the majority of their money. It has nothing to do with the lack of power.

SaffronXL and Quantumcat like this.
  10. Ann0ying

Ann0ying GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2016
    NtDH! GA!
    Than what means that I experience slowdowns with i7 + 8 GB RAM + nvidia 780? shitty processors?

11. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Idk what r u talkin 'bout. I have a pc which is half of what u got and never experienced slowdowns...

12. zac122

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    That was his point...

Quantumcat, Sinon and Ann0ying like this.
  13. Varon12

Varon12 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2016
    Canada
    Spider Skull Island
    Not possible but would be cool if it was I played every iteration of BOI to death.

14. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Depends on the mod. If the mod only edits Graphics, it should work fine, with the obvious exception of the Afterbirth sprites. If the mod adds new items, you will need to modify the xml files to make them work (and even then, the items that give you an Afterbirth-only result won't function at all). If the mod adds new rooms, it won't work at all. If it is a Music mod, it depends on the format Rebirth stores its music files in.

Also, note that you can't add Afterbirth itself, since it adds things that can't be obtained by modding (new enemies, bosses, greed mode etc.)

15. smileyhead

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Is it possible to add it partially?

16. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Any items that only give stat ups/downs (includes health ups) can be added, since stat ups are defined in the items.xml file. Items that add game mechanics can't be added.

Additionally, the starting changes (The Lost starting with the Holy Mantle as an example) can be edited in by editing characters.xml .

The rest (bosses, keeper and Greed Mode) are all reliant on hardcoded mechanics, so those can't be added.

Lastly, the rooms are a special case since AB uses a different room format than Rebirth, so you will need to manually port the new rooms to the old format using Basement Renovator.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd, Oct 6, 2016
    smileyhead likes this.
  17. smileyhead

smileyhead I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Could we also add the L rooms using this?

18. Prillexed

Prillexed Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    It would be possible it would take a lot of time, see it through the dev's eyes, he cannot be bothered because of how long it would take and how much effort is needed, but a group of modders could take that role, consider this modding for the new nintendo 3ds has grown exceptionally it's running almost everything that could never be ran before until now. Think about it we have a ps1 emulator which almost runs smooth as ice.. people need to open their eyes and stop thinking with what they believe they know, the n3ds is a powerhouse, yeah we all know the old 3ds is good, but the n3ds is way better which is why i believe this could happen.. think about it i managed to play rebirth on my old 3ds.. it wasn't even difficult, just changing a few things around.. you guys need to understand that we can do this, if we work together.. and if it turns out we need to get into detail it's not going to be difficult.. we could even add our own mini versions for example, just texture changes as one of you was saying.. we can edit the rooms to look like afterbirth or afterbirth+.. just think about how we could do this and how it can work and then talk to me about it.

19. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    wow, why necrobump?