Hacking After updating to luma 8.0 I've been getting a lot of "process errors"

D

Deleted-351540

You need to have a full NAND backup done before you updated to B9S, else it's not possible i think, maybe with hardmod but i'm not sure.
I've been waiting on confirmation whether or not a B9S 1.2 console can safely apply a B9S 1.1/A9LH NAND backup. So far, nobody seems to know for sure and nobody with a hardmod has attempted it.

I have backups of each, but I don't have a hardmod. Otherwise I would have tried it already.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strange. The only time I had a crash was when I was deliberately stressing the system by opening Rosalina during a very intensive 3D enabled combat animation in Fire Emblem Echoes.
But since other people are having such problems, I'll make sure to save any crash dumps I might get.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People A9lH/B9S is not the issue here. It's your CFW/system, or combination of the two. If you installed CFW for the first time recently, did you have an hiccups during the process? What guide did you use? What SD card do you have? How long have you had your console?
If you installed CFW a while ago do you remember how? Have you made any changes to system titles? Edited the Home Menu? Installed patched CIA titles like AGB/TWL firm? Do you use save editors? How do you download your games? Do you wait for things to load properly before loading something else?

Do you see where I'm going with this? All of those questions 100% matter when you're troubleshooting stuff, and all of it can affect the way your system works or doesn't. Certain things will not work under certain conditions (conflicting software) and instances can normally stress the console enough to say "Screw you!" and crash. From the way that B9S/A9lH work, if your console boots at all it's not an entrypoint issue period. Even though it wasn't crashing on A9LH, doesn't mean it wasn't giving you the same issue without an exception crash. All B9S versions of luma (.FIRMs) have changed the way Luma works in the system entirely so it's 100% possible this was happening before, but Luma didn't have the info/ability to let you know there was a problem.

If you buy a stock system on 11.3, install B9S and Luma 8.1 flawlessly you won't have these random crash issues. Your problem seems to be centered around specific titles that crash only for you, but it's not consistent for every use with your setup. Common sense says it's something to do with your personal unit and what you've done with it prior to this.

I would also like to point out that electronics don't last forever. The O3DS was originally released on 2/26/2011, over 6 years ago. Electronics have a half-life of 5 years give or take (plenty last longer but after 5 years you can expect hardware to malfunction). So depending on how old your console is there is a good chance your VRAM is just failing, resulting in crashes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far