soniczeki

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Hi

I have transferred my old 3DS to 3DS XL via emunand to emunand.

My old 3DS' sysnand is still 4.2 and it can still play ambassador games. I want to sell that 3DS but I'm afraid of something.

If somebody who buy that 3DS will update the system, what happens to NNID? Will it appaers again? Because it has downgraded from 9.2.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they update it, it will not have an NNID, and they will have to try and either redeem an existing one, or make a new one. The NNID can only be on one handheld (I'm pretty sure nintendo has this info on their servers). I did this myself while trying to "duplicate" systems, and it would only let me connect with my original NNID on the one I transfered to, even if i restored a nand backup on the old one with it working.
TLDR; It's fine to sell.

soniczeki

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
If they update it, it will not have an NNID, and they will have to try and either redeem an existing one, or make a new one. The NNID can only be on one handheld (I'm pretty sure nintendo has this info on their servers). I did this myself while trying to "duplicate" systems, and it would only let me connect with my original NNID on the one I transfered to, even if i restored a nand backup on the old one with it working.
TLDR; It's fine to sell.

Okay thanks ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ