Hacking After 7 years, my CycloDS is dying. What should I replace it with?

NM007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo+ is a good choice,
but DSTwo+ can play GBA games ,
why you get another EZ-flash ?
As i known, ez-flash only has EZ-flash iv onsale now

Shakedaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

As everyone suggested, I recently upgraded from my Cyclone and bought a DS TWO Plus for my DS Lite.
I also still have my EZ Flash V in the GBA cartridge slot.

However, it seems that the DS TWO Plus is not recognizing my GBA roms. When I open the GBA folder in the UI, it doesn't detect any files - just an empty folder.

Can someone help me by explaining how to play GBA games with the EZ Flash V and the DS TWO Plus?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
DSTWO/+ requires a plugin. The DSTWO uses an emulator, it doesn't run it GBA roms natively.

You can download the plugins from here: http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/plugin.htm

If you are using a DS/L with a DSTWO and a 3in1, you need to use an external loader like GBA ExpLoader or similar.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys!

As everyone suggested, I recently upgraded from my Cyclone and bought a DS TWO Plus for my DS Lite.
I also still have my EZ Flash V in the GBA cartridge slot.

However, it seems that the DS TWO Plus is not recognizing my GBA roms. When I open the GBA folder in the UI, it doesn't detect any files - just an empty folder.

Can someone help me by explaining how to play GBA games with the EZ Flash V and the DS TWO Plus?

You can use either GBA ExpLoader or YSMenu to load your GBA Roms onto your EZ 3in1. You can boot into either of the apps from the DSTwo Menu. I tend to use GBA ExpLoader as a DSTwo plugin. I have attached the version I use below. Just copy the files and folders in the attachment to the root of your Micro SD card.

gba-exploader-dstwo.jpg

Attachments

• GBA ExpLoader 0.58b0 DSTwo Plugin.zip
    218.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by Gyron_Oldvic,

Shakedaddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gyron, it's a little late but thank you very much for not only giving me this great advice but also going to the trouble of posting a screenshot and uploading the file.

I did what you recommended and it works perfectly!

Everytime I open up a GBA game, it does take a little while to load the GBA game itself and then the SRAM itself, though.

However I will tolerate this in the name of perfect GBA backwards compatibility.

Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1