advice on how to update my switch please!!! don't want to crash it. (checkpoint/fw/bootloader/save)

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by kyrusdemnati, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:35 PM.

1. kyrusdemnati
    OP

kyrusdemnati Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    so i have a rcm dongle, i am kind of confused on what i need to do to update my device - without crashing my device.

the files in the dongle are:

ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE
    REINX
    SXOS
    USER 1
    USER 2
    USER 3

all have payload.bin files in these directories

----

my nintendo switch is system version 6.2.0 (ams 0.83)

atmosphere fusee stage 2
    hekate ctcaer mod 4.6 svc
    atlasnx.kosmos v11.3
    custom firmware : cfw

----

i want to update the files so its upto date and bug free. at the moment i can't upload save files doesn't seem to work, im using checkpoint and replacing files within. game software is closed and when i open it hasn' changed

2. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    This is the wrong section.

3. kyrusdemnati
    OP

kyrusdemnati Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    what files are meant to be on root of the sd card? what folders on root of sd card? and what files on the dongle? (i think i mess up here)

4. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    This is still the wrong section.

5. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    how about you try to be useful?

what dongle are you using? for atmosphere, just grab the latest kosmos update from their github and just drag and drop to your sd card. hekate is updated to 4.9.1 with 7.0.1 support. all your payload files are supposed to be on you sd card. for your saves, switch to edizon 3.0.1, much better than check point. also has options to edit your save directly on the switch without having to dump it.