• Total voters

bwsaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I prefer Days of Ruin. The tag team battles in Duel Strike kinda put me out early in the game. Better plot too, in DoR. DS is just...ok, some more enemies. SQUASH THEM.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've no patience for them... I love the early battles but I just can't do long tedious battles like they get to be further in...
I was disappointed to see Combat Mode taken out of Days of Ruin because it was great great multiplayer fun and a really nice little minigame.
4 player real time wars!
Kind of disappointing that it doesn't let you choose left handed controls, it's kinda hard for me to aim with my right hand on stylus..

So, in the end....
I liked the battles in Days of Ruin better, but I miss Combat Mode.

Friendo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is hard because I think they're both awesome and had good times with both games.
But if I had to choose, I'd pick Days of Ruin. Online matches and map downloads kept things fresh. Also, the storyline made me love the characters more and the creeper virus, for some reason, made the storyline addicting for me.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked Dual Strike better. Better story (in my opinion), more like-able characters, and more units. Plus the graphics are better, I don't like the DoR graphics. It's sort of like GBA Fire Emblem vs. DS Fire Emblem graphics. The GBA versions' are simply better looking.

bwsaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow...I agree with almost everythinig everyone said.

Lets compile everything

DS
Better erm....cooler graphics. A more likeable style, lets say.
Yes, indeed more units

DoR
Better storyline/characters
More features
Slightly Better Gameplay (in most opinions)

Conclusion
Most people prefer DoR (so far) but ALL think DS is a VERY CLOSE second. For me, DS is my second favorite game on my Cyclo, with DoR leading the way slightly.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The story is more serious on DoR, the graphics are awesome and war-like, the units are realistic and so are the CO powers.
The evil characters are really evil, not just wanting world domination (kinda like the joker in the dark knight!) but pain and death.
The Online mode is awesome and there are no stupid medals like there were in the last one

But.. Dual strike had good bits too... for example that multiplayer combat game, and those hardcore survuival bits...
I think that DoR is better overall though...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Days of Ruin
smile.gif

Online modus, better looking and the CO powers aren't overpowered .

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DoR. DS was a complete turnoff (as its predecessors) as I felt it to have to happy of a mood; it felt as if all the characters were thinking: "We're going to war! This'll be fun! Even though tons of our friends and comrades are gonna die, I think we can still have a hunky dory time!".

Also DS was too easy.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked DoR alot when first downloaded it. The difficulty kept me from finishing it though later on. I tried getting into dual strike after playing DoR but couldn't cuz it was too boring for me.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I raped the campaign mode in Days of Ruin, Dual Strike took me far longer I think. Still both very good but I like DS better because of the tag team powers and the plethora of characters you could choose from.

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I like DS more, although DoR has the clearly better storyline n things.
don't know why, maybe because DS had more... uh features and more unique characters. Srsly, I can't even remember the Name of the Kid you play in DoR Oo

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
Dual Strike!

because Days of Ruin was depressing at times...

(plus DS is more fun to play with friends who are not so tactifully minded!)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tag power is interesting, but I really didn't like it.

DoR had better characters (IMO), much more balanced gameplay, a decent story, better music (IMO) and the whole gameplay felt like you're in a war, instead of this kiddy joke of a war. (Not saying DS was bad. Just thought it felt too kiddish for my taste. Still an excellent game.)

I do wish that it had a few more COs, and a better commander system. Some CO's powers were useless, while some were just simply overpowered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, but we can have uremum's cake
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P