Hacking Advance games to DS

RODIFIRE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi I have a DSi and my girl a DSI XL and we both have acekard 2i can someone help me and tell me how can I play gameboy advance games to my DSi/XL? with my acekard?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You can't. You need one of the cards with the built-in CPU and RAM (like the iPlayer or the Supercard DSTWO or the iSmart MM), that can run the GBA emulator. Unfortunately, that's the only way to play GBA games on a DSi.

RODIFIRE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oh..... this is sad
frown.gif

thanks anyway for the help and how much cost the cards that is avalable to play GBA games?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't bother with the iPlayer. DSTWO is your best friend in this case. Just be prepared to lose around 2 hours of battery life because of the CPU in the card. But still, who plays DS for 8 hours straight?

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zruben said:
NDS Lite with EZ 3-in-1 is still the best way to play GBA games =)
that is great.... except he has an acekard and dsi system/system..... anyone who owns one of these devices isnt going to go backwards just to play older games..... like going back to vhs(are you serious?)....i hate dslite and dsphat users that make those kinds of comments ... like " ds lite is the best way to go.. no need to update" make those comments because they are jealouse that their parents didnt buy them one......cus they too cheap to go and shovel snow or rake leaves or cut grass to pay for their own....

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Demonstryde said:
zruben said:
NDS Lite with EZ 3-in-1 is still the best way to play GBA games =)
that is great.... except he has an acekard and dsi system/system..... anyone who owns one of these devices isnt going to go backwards just to play older games..... like going back to vhs(are you serious?)....i hate dslite and dsphat users that make those kinds of comments ... like " ds lite is the best way to go.. no need to update" make those comments because they are jealouse that their parents didnt buy them one......cus they too cheap to go and shovel snow or rake leaves or cut grass to pay for their own....
Look who's hating
hate2.gif

Why not own both? I have a DSTwo and trust me, the GBA Emulation is far from perfect. It is best to keep around a DS-Lite for the Slot-2 and buy the latest and greatest (DSi, 3DS, etc) for their own benefits.

BTW, how are you going to update your Acekard when you accidentally accept a future DSi firmware update? That's one of the other benefits of having a non-DSi around the house
yaynds.gif

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
If you're a DSi user and need to play GBA games:

Get a DS lite, EZ Flash & Acekard.

DSTWo GBA-emulation is simply not good enough. It can't even save.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:

Actually it can. You need to press (X) to open the menu and press "Exit". It's pretty good. Not perfect, but good, and on a DSi, too!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Presto99 said:
Etalon said:

Actually it can. You need to press (X) to open the menu and press "Exit". It's pretty good. Not perfect, but good, and on a DSi, too!

Pay no attention to him, he's a huuuuuge troll against the DSTWO.

MdX MaxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could just, maybe, buy a Game Boy Advance and a flash cart. It'll be cheaper than a DS lite.

@Demonstryde: Is getting a lite really going backward? What DSiWare games are really all that great? Who wants 0.3 MP photos? I'll take longer battery life and GBA compatibility instead.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That was my thought; a 0.3 MP camera, while not particularly high resolution, is still better than no camera. If you have a DSi and no other consoles like a DS/Lite or GBA and no intentions of getting one then emulation is still better than having nothing at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended