Hacking Adrenaline v3 Released!

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Wouldn't recommend playing ps1 and psx backups on the usb drive/stick
2. Wouldn't recommend installing any game bubbles on the vita/pstv's memory card, since you are using to play game backups from usb stick/drive (all your game bubbles will come from the usb stick you install to) (with the exception of the game you need to launch the psp emulator)
3. Play ps1 and psp .iso/.cso from the playstation emulator (you launch from the game you linked to the config.txt file in the "tai" folder during setup) (games are stored in your vita memory card, you don't need to install bubbles for them)

(not sure how much of that is true, but I haven't had any problems following those steps, plus, I don't use plugins like cheats and joystick patches, so you could still encounter a problem)

Following those steps should help prevent stop database corruption. Scroll back a few pages and you'll be fine with the install guide i pieced together from trial and error, here and there. Following the steps above I couldn't get the database to crash, the mai dump crash problems are simply bugs in the program, it needs some updates.

usb hdd with its own power supply should be fine, I recommend a usb stick, because it consumes less power and you can't be sure what the device is consuming if its a usb hdd. The only think I can be sure of is that, the usb stick uses less power than charging the ps3/ps4 controller from the pstv port.

Reactions: cvskid

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
2. Wouldn't recommend installing any game bubbles on the vita/pstv's memory card, since you are using to play game backups from usb stick/drive (all your game bubbles will come from the usb stick you install to) (with the exception of the game you need to launch the psp emulator)
3. Play ps1 and psp .iso/.cso from the playstation emulator (you launch from the game you linked to the config.txt file in the "tai" folder during setup) (games are stored in your vita memory card, you don't need to install bubbles for them)

How do you make point number 3 to work? Do I need a demo then? I'm using bubble currently

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why is that? I have installed around 10 PS1 Eboots (Official PSN rips, and about 2 of them are unofficial made eboots) on my 128gb Lexar USB pen drive. All correctly work so far.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any recommendations for a USB stick? 128gb or above.

I use this on my PSTV https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-JumpDrive-128GB-Flash-Drive/dp/B012PKV7RC

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you make point number 3 to work? Do I need a demo then? I'm using bubble currently

Download Pool Hall Pro from PSN (Make sure it says 3.65 in molecularShell, press start button to bring up the options, make sure spoof version says 3.65) after your finished installing Pool Hall Pro

Make sure your "Config.txt" file has the information below and its in your "ux0:tai/" folder

# You must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
*NPUH10091
ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

After that, all you have to do is start "Pool Hall Pro" and then your psp and ps1 games will work:

1. Psp games go into the - "ux0: pspemu/ISO" folder, .cso or .iso
2. PS1 games made from psx2psp go into the - "ux0: pspemu/PSP/GAME/" folder (game folder with the eboot file and keys.bin

https://gbatemp.net/threads/psx2p2p-guide-icon0-pic1-images-tempar.459407/#post-7060443

Follow this guide, it uses the resolutions:
1. 144x80 for ICON0
2. 480x272 for PIC1
THESE options work fine on the vita.

MAI DUMP CRASH FIX (INSTALL UNLIMITED GAMES WITH CONTENT) (folder "ux0: app")

After you install the game and set the right boot option, delete the "mai_moe" folder, make sure you verify the game boots correctly first. Remember, Mai Dumb will crash after you install so many games from Mai Dump, the Boot Option will not work, and the program will crash, because too many games are listed there just to save some time)

(doesn't work with every game, some games need the mai_moe folder, but these do not...Angry Birds Star Wars...Attack on Titan...Criminal Girls1...plus more you'll just have to test) (best method install the game, then delete the mai_moe or rename it from ftp, then see if the game starts, if it doesn't just rename the mai_moe folder back like mai_moe1 back to mai_moe, this should help cut down on the number of games mai boot see's in its boot option section) :hrth:

MAI DUMP CRASH FIX EDIT (folder "ux0: app")

What I will end up doing is install about 20 games, test, then change the name from "mai_moe" to "mai_moe1" ... then install 20 more games, and repeat. After everything is finished, I will go back and change the folder names from "mai_moe1" to "mai_moe", this way Mai Dump does not stop me from setting the boot type for games with content. Much easier than testing each game individually. Plus if I installed 200 games, I would already exceed the 20 or so game limit of mai_moe in the boot section, so its no win, this is much better.

After everything is installed, change all the mai_moe1 back to mai_moe folder names. Unless your not installing a lot of games then you can benefit from the method above this one.

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: Bullseye and cvskid

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightligh off topic, but is it possible to play say, Axiom Verge on my Vita (I paid for it), and then play it also on the PSTV (since you can't connect a Vita to a TV or remote play it on a PSTV via a Vita) , and be able to sync the save game between the two?

I would like to play Vita games on the go, then continue the game on the PSTV.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightligh off topic, but is it possible to play say, Axiom Verge on my Vita (I paid for it), and then play it also on the PSTV (since you can't connect a Vita to a TV or remote play it on a PSTV via a Vita) , and be able to sync the save game between the two?

I would like to play Vita games on the go, then continue the game on the PSTV.

You can still connect to PSN to download all of your purchases to a USB STICK, in addition to installing your backups with henkaku, you can play both kinds without having to restart the device. Or you can just install henkaku to the official memory card and install your purchases and backups to the memory card. Or install them to both, scroll back a few pages and you should be able to set everything up, easy. (Until Sony releases a patch to help the vita go to 444mhz some games will never play well, unless they are backups so you can use the "amphetamin plugin" to address that issue. Would be nice to play "Salt and the Sanctuary" on vita with a higher clock speed, because like so many games they crash because of that limitation, so, henkaku is your only choice for that problem at present) (that or, maybe you can haggle sony into providing a refund for each game that you have that fits into this description, but goodluck, you need to respond promptly after purchase, give or take a few days)

Reactions: cvskid

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have PS+.

Where is the save data kept? I tried backing up/restoring my Axiom Verge save with Save Manager, but it didn't work.

bobbytomorow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed v3.1 and fired up Resident Evil 2 (dual shock edition) and it keeps randomly pausing, like as though I were pressing the start button but I'm not. Anyone heard of this issue?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe you are touching rear panel? and ints assigned to pause button?
I had something similar in Spyro 3, the camera kept spinning around Spyro driving me mental, and it turned out the rear touch pad was assigned to a button that operated the camera. I can't understand how you could ever use the touchpad in a game - how are you supposed to grip it and not accidentally send your character off a cliff or something?

bobbytomorow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you are touching rear panel? and ints assigned to pause button?

I had something similar in Spyro 3, the camera kept spinning around Spyro driving me mental, and it turned out the rear touch pad was assigned to a button that operated the camera. I can't understand how you could ever use the touchpad in a game - how are you supposed to grip it and not accidentally send your character off a cliff or something?

It IS the rear touch pad but I can't figure out how to unassign it...The official settings only seem to list L2/L3, R2/R3 as options

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: bobbytomorow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum