Adrenaline-2 released for Vita

C8bXH5KXsAAB7G_.jpg

One of the leaders of the Vita scene, TheFl0w, has released a new version of his PSP CFW for Vita, Adrenaline. This April update adds the following:

- Changelog v2 -
- Added 64MB RAM support for homebrews.
- Added ability to use the 'ur0:' partition as Memory Stick.
- Added Advanced AA filter (disable 'Smooth Graphics' for that filter).
- Added ability to change smooth graphics (GPU internal bilinear filter).
- Added ability to change screen size (2.0x, 1.75x, 1.5x, 1.25x, 1.0x).
- Fixed sound issue in 'MotorStorm' and some other games.
- Fixed bug where 'ms0:/MUSIC' and 'ms0:/PICTURE' were not found in XMB.
- Fixed bug where changing options in the official settings menu didn't have any effect.

For those wondering about PS1 support, that has not been added yet. The path for adrenaline has changed as well, to 'ux0:adrenaline' instead of 'ux0: pspemu/adrenaline'.

Code:
How to install Adrenaline -
  * Install any PSP game/demo onto your PS Vita (compatiblity for PS1 games as bubble will be added in the future).
  * Shutdown your PS Vita and visit http://beta.henkaku.xyz/.
  * Launch molecularShell, press START and set 'Enable unsafe homebrews' to 'On'.
  * Reboot your PS Vita and then install VitaShell from molecularShell (https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases).
  * In VitaShell open FTP by pressing SELECT and copy the 'adrenaline' folder from the archive and paste it at 'ux0:'.
  * Download the 6.61 EBOOT.PBP (for 1000/2000/3000) from the Sony server (google it)
    and paste it at 'ux0:adrenaline/661.PBP'.
  * Copy 'ux0:tai/config.txt' to your PC and add the following lines:
        *KERNEL
        ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx

*TITLEID
        ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

Example of config.txt:
        # You must reboot for changes to take place.
        *KERNEL
        ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx
        *main
        # main is a special titleid for SceShell
        ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
        *NPXS10015
        # this is for modifying the version string
        ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
        *TITLEID
        ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

:download: GitHub

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you launch Adrenaline, hold down R and in the recovery menu go to "Registry hacks" and hit x on "Button assign" and it'll change O to confirm! It doesn't change in game behavior and only works in the XMB and game save loading menus and such, so it should be exactly what you're looking for.
That doesn't work for the Adrenaline menu. As in, the menu that pops up to change adrenaline settings.

altemecya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Adrenaline stop responding whenever I try to resume it from sleep. Had to go back to adrenaline1 for the time being.

HeroKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
late to the party, but reading first page, and to answer a question

Great explanation, nice details. (SARCASM)

Yes i know that, i'm asking what homebrew that exist does make use of this. O_O

it was rather rare, but i do know of one homebrew that required 64MB, and that's the psp port of Aquaria. i remember trying to run it on my psp slim using Pro CFW. Aquaria wouldn't launch, since it needed the ram to be contained to a single block. Pro sectioned off the ram into 2 32MB chunks, which caused it to crash on startup

altemecya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Some how my vita gone wrong since I installed adrenaline2, it gave me "An Error Has Occurred. The PS Vita system will now shut down." everytime I resuming adrenaline from sleep mode by using non-Original filtering Goes back to adrenaline1, same thing happen eventhough I never had this problem before with v1. I wonder what happened.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some how my vita gone wrong since I installed adrenaline2, it gave me "An Error Has Occurred. The PS Vita system will now shut down." everytime I resuming adrenaline from sleep mode by using non-Original filtering Goes back to adrenaline1, same thing happen eventhough I never had this problem before with v1. I wonder what happened.
Try system restore, but remove memory card first. It could fix the problem.

How are the new filtering/graphics options? Screenshots to compare would be great.
Are you not able to install the update?

I'll just stick with Adrenaline 1. I have no reason to upgrade to A2 as of now nor ever. :P
Why not? new features was added and fix some issues, eventually it will support ps1 games, so if you want that, you might wanna keep updated.
  • Allowing you to use 64MB in homebrews (PSP 2000+ homebrews can now be run)
  • Letting you use ur0 as the memory stick (ur0 is found on all Vita models even the FAT (1000/1k) ). Beware when using it as nobody has confirmed if long term usage of ur0 is SAFE.
  • An advanced AA was added
  • You can change scren size
  • You may change the way how smooth graphics work
  • The sound issue in “MotorStorm” and some other games has been fixed
  • ms0:/PICTURE and ms0:/PICTURE are now seen by XMB so say hello to custom wallpapers
  • Changing settings in official settings now has effects
  • Files for Adrenaline should now be placed in ux0:/adrenaline not ux0:/pspemu/Adrenaline

Reactions: MKKhanzo

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I prefer the old Adrenaline, because it works, and Adrenaline 2 doesn't. Pretty easy to make a choice, right?

New_Newbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out the input lag? It's a little obvious to me after testing an official PSN game to playing it on Adrenaline. I love Adrenaline, but quick reflex games are impossible

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out the input lag? It's a little obvious to me after testing an official PSN game to playing it on Adrenaline. I love Adrenaline, but quick reflex games are impossible

Is this claim true? Try disabling non official filters and so.

New_Newbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a noticeable difference by disabling Bilinear Filtering in the official settings. I guess it doesn't like having two filters on at the same time

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I prefer the old Adrenaline, because it works, and Adrenaline 2 doesn't. Pretty easy to make a choice, right?
Adrenaline-2 works fine, I have run into an issue where after testing MHP3rd for a little while and exiting, Adrenaline refuses to boot. Rebooting fixes it.

Overall I'm just happy I can finally run 7th Dragon 2020 on it with the TempAR fix from here and the the Advanced AA filter is just fantastic.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a noticeable difference by disabling Bilinear Filtering in the official settings. I guess it doesn't like having two filters on at the same time

Just to be sure, there's nowhere to turn this off on the PSTV right? The official settings don't have this checkbox when I checked on my PSTV, but it's there for my vita.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adrenaline-2 works fine, I have run into an issue where after testing MHP3rd for a little while and exiting, Adrenaline refuses to boot. Rebooting fixes it.

Overall I'm just happy I can finally run 7th Dragon 2020 on it with the TempAR fix from here and the the Advanced AA filter is just fantastic.

I haven't been able to get Adrenaline 2 to start at all. The Easy Installer doesn't help at all... I figured I'd just need to run it, reset the PSTV, restart Henkaku, and remount the drive, and I'd be golden. It doesn't work out that way, though. How would you make this work if you're using the external drive exploit?

Also, if you're willing to share more pictures, I'd like to see what Anti-Aliasing does to polygonal games. Soul Calibur and Tekken 6 are as ugly as a horse's butt in Adrenaline 1.

EDIT: I said "to hell with it" and formatted the drive. I've got Adrenaline 2 working now, but it took a lot of work... hopefully it'll be worth the effort.

Last edited by ArugulaZ,

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been able to get Adrenaline 2 to start at all. The Easy Installer doesn't help at all... I figured I'd just need to run it, reset the PSTV, restart Henkaku, and remount the drive, and I'd be golden. It doesn't work out that way, though. How would you make this work if you're using the external drive exploit?

Also, if you're willing to share more pictures, I'd like to see what Anti-Aliasing does to polygonal games. Soul Calibur and Tekken 6 are as ugly as a horse's butt in Adrenaline 1.

EDIT: I said "to hell with it" and formatted the drive. I've got Adrenaline 2 working now, but it took a lot of work... hopefully it'll be worth the effort.
I didn't know how it would work with an external drive because I use a memory card I share between my Vita and Vita TV.

And here is the pictures if you still want them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: