Adrenaline-2 released for Vita

C8bXH5KXsAAB7G_.jpg

One of the leaders of the Vita scene, TheFl0w, has released a new version of his PSP CFW for Vita, Adrenaline. This April update adds the following:

- Changelog v2 -
- Added 64MB RAM support for homebrews.
- Added ability to use the 'ur0:' partition as Memory Stick.
- Added Advanced AA filter (disable 'Smooth Graphics' for that filter).
- Added ability to change smooth graphics (GPU internal bilinear filter).
- Added ability to change screen size (2.0x, 1.75x, 1.5x, 1.25x, 1.0x).
- Fixed sound issue in 'MotorStorm' and some other games.
- Fixed bug where 'ms0:/MUSIC' and 'ms0:/PICTURE' were not found in XMB.
- Fixed bug where changing options in the official settings menu didn't have any effect.

For those wondering about PS1 support, that has not been added yet. The path for adrenaline has changed as well, to 'ux0:adrenaline' instead of 'ux0: pspemu/adrenaline'.

Code:
How to install Adrenaline -
  * Install any PSP game/demo onto your PS Vita (compatiblity for PS1 games as bubble will be added in the future).
  * Shutdown your PS Vita and visit http://beta.henkaku.xyz/.
  * Launch molecularShell, press START and set 'Enable unsafe homebrews' to 'On'.
  * Reboot your PS Vita and then install VitaShell from molecularShell (https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases).
  * In VitaShell open FTP by pressing SELECT and copy the 'adrenaline' folder from the archive and paste it at 'ux0:'.
  * Download the 6.61 EBOOT.PBP (for 1000/2000/3000) from the Sony server (google it)
    and paste it at 'ux0:adrenaline/661.PBP'.
  * Copy 'ux0:tai/config.txt' to your PC and add the following lines:
        *KERNEL
        ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx

*TITLEID
        ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

Example of config.txt:
        # You must reboot for changes to take place.
        *KERNEL
        ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx
        *main
        # main is a special titleid for SceShell
        ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
        *NPXS10015
        # this is for modifying the version string
        ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
        *TITLEID
        ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

:download: GitHub

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish psx support was added, wanted to play the fviii in psp mode, don't really like using retroarch for psx.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I wait to upgrade? If there are bugs and you can't run PSOne games, that's kind of a problem for me. Would much rather keep the old, flawed version of Adrenaline I've got than to lose it to something that doesn't work at all.

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Move the adrenaline folder you had setup already, from the memory card. (ux0: pspemu/) move it to the root of the memory card ux0 (Make sure you select move, not copy!)

Then copy the plugins from the update zip to the folder.
Go to tai folder and open the config.txt, find the lines that has ux0: pspemu/adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

Erase the part of it that says PSPEUM/ from both. (Is listed under *KERNEL and whatever the game was injected into tittle id *SLUS01334 as example)

Then save the text, press start and reload tai hen plugins, that is all.

If you never installed adrenaline before, if you really want a easy way, there is a adrenaline auto installer that also make epsp bubble, just use that homebrew first to make things easier. Once is running then follow my steps above to just get the V2 update. :)

Easy adrenaline installer

@Pacheko17 :)

Thanks a lot good man! This worked flawlessly for me at first try!

dude22072

Trophies
Website
dude22072.com
XP
Country
United States
I just want a way to swap X/O for the adrenaline menu. My vita uses O as confirm, my pspemu uses O as confirm, but the adrenaline menu is hard-coded to use X as confirm instead of getting the system's confirm button.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what homebrew has 64MB is the $1 question. (I'm not rich to say $1,000,000 so buy yourself a pack of gum or something :P )
cps2psp and mvspsp off the top of my head. saves a lot of space reguarding cache files being made for games using those emulators.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should I wait to upgrade? If there are bugs and you can't run PSOne games, that's kind of a problem for me. Would much rather keep the old, flawed version of Adrenaline I've got than to lose it to something that doesn't work at all.
No need to upgrade since henkaku has online support for now on ps vita so you could just go to the ps store on the ps vita and buy some ps1 games for now.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really should have left well enough alone. I tried to install Adrenaline 2, and now I keep getting C1-2858-3 errors. It's a tremendous pain in the ass to keep rebooting, keep unplugging the flash drive, keep installing Henkaku, etc etc etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded