Adding my games from OFW to CFW

Zmed44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to clarify, I rebooted into the ofw, went to my profile, downloaded all my games from the e shop. Now that they’re all done and there, I rebooted back to hekate.

Went to emummc, created a new emummc and back up for it.

I updated all AIO, sig patches etc. Booted into cfw and all my games are there but the cloud symbol is next to the name… now I know that means they need to be downloaded, but I can’t seem to get that to work via tinfoil or dbi.

So how do I take all my games that are downloaded on my OFW and add them to my CFW?and on my CFW how do I make sure any mods or texture packs I wanna add are added? Is it the same as going to the sd card and adding them there like normal or is it in a special area for cfw?

Thank you all in advance!!

Zmed44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the response but I have tried going through that section and honestly I just do not know what to do. Help a noob out please?

Zmed44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy the Nintendo folder to emummc folder so you have it twice on the sd card
To save space on my sd card, what folder can I delete in my original Nintendo folder to remove all those saved games? Or do I just go back to OFW stock and uninstall the games now that they are all turned over to the emummc?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The saves are in the sysmmc itself, not on the sd card. If you want to save space then uninstall games as you suggest. Don't delete subfolders manually

Zmed44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I’m still running into the same error when I go to play it says error.

I copied over my Nintendo folder to the emu and Nintendo folder, and it shows my games are there but I get this error when I go to start them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your game saves are corrupted. Goto settings, data management and delete the game save of a game then try it.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
to clarify, I rebooted into the ofw, went to my profile, downloaded all my games from the e shop. Now that they’re all done and there, I rebooted back to hekate.

Went to emummc, created a new emummc and back up for it.

I updated all AIO, sig patches etc. Booted into cfw and all my games are there but the cloud symbol is next to the name… now I know that means they need to be downloaded, but I can’t seem to get that to work via tinfoil or dbi.

So how do I take all my games that are downloaded on my OFW and add them to my CFW?and on my CFW how do I make sure any mods or texture packs I wanna add are added? Is it the same as going to the sd card and adding them there like normal or is it in a special area for cfw?

Thank you all in advance!!
Assuming you refer to OFW as the SYSNAND of your console, when you create a EmuNAND using a backup of the SysNAND that backup have EVERYTHING the SysNAND have at that point in time.

so you can add or remove things on each (e)NAND independently.
Post automatically merged:

Sounds like your game saves are corrupted. Goto settings, data management and delete the game save of a game then try it.
or sigpatches are missing.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Zmed44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you refer to OFW as the SYSNAND of your console, when you create a EmuNAND using a backup of the SysNAND that backup have EVERYTHING the SysNAND have at that point in time.

so you can add or remove things on each (e)NAND independently.

or sigpatches are missing.
So when I mean OFW, I mean at the health main screen I am rebooting into OFW and I downloaded all my games there. I am not really family with Sysnand or emunand. Someone told me to just drag and drop the Nintendo folder into my emunand and I did that and the games were there but clearly I’m missing the gap which is the sysnand… am I launching into cfw emunand and then deleting save data on games there then starting up the game? Or what am I doing wrong/what’s the next step?

I have the sig patch updater and that has been updated and rebooted as well before hand. I am most up to date on atmosphere and hekate.

Update:
I did this and deleted all save data (I don’t really mind actually) from the games. And it got farther! But now it goes to black screen and says “unable to start software. Return to home menu and try again.”

Next steps? Thoughts?

Last edited by Zmed44,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Zmed44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exaclty, you need to know the basics and the terminology, that's why you was redirected to https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy for you to READ you really need to understand the basics of the process.

sigpatches!
I totally agree about reading and understanding, I find it hard getting a made device and trying to figure out where in that guide I’m at exactly with mine. That is my struggle currently, otherwise I’ve kind of hodge podged my way through doing things correctly from random YouTube and this. Haha I’ll do my best to read through it more and try to figure out where I’m at and what not this evening.

I updated the sig patches with the Sig patch updater app, rebooted and I’m still getting this, any thoughts?

Exaclty, you need to know the basics and the terminology, that's why you was redirected to https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy for you to READ you really need to understand the basics of the process.

sigpatches!
Again thank you for the help as we go, and everyone else, it is much appreciated and I’m so stoked to be learning more about this as tough as it is hahah

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 14

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I totally agree about reading and understanding, I find it hard getting a made device and trying to figure out where in that guide I’m at exactly with mine. That is my struggle currently, otherwise I’ve kind of hodge podged my way through doing things correctly from random YouTube and this. Haha I’ll do my best to read through it more and try to figure out where I’m at and what not this evening.

I updated the sig patches with the Sig patch updater app, rebooted and I’m still getting this, any thoughts?

Again thank you for the help as we go, and everyone else, it is much appreciated and I’m so stoked to be learning more about this as tough as it is hahah
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this and deleted all save data (I don’t really mind actually) from the games. And it got farther! But now it goes to black screen and says “unable to start software. Return to home menu and try again.”
You were only supposed to delete "game save", not all "game data". You may have to reinstall the games now.
What do I do once they are in the root? Just boot up into emunand cfw and then go to daybreak? Or how does it install?
Once you extract that zip to your root, then you just boot to CFW. That was the installing part- copying files over.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Zmed44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were only supposed to delete "game save", not all "game data". You may have to reinstall the games now.

Once you extract that zip to your root, then you just boot to CFW. That was the installing part- copying files over.
It was just all save data. Not the game data. No worries. Haha

Okay, I’ll give that a shot in the morning! Thank you guys again and I’ll give an update when I try tomorrow!

Just to clarify, am I replacing files? Or merging files? Just want to make sure before I drag and drop the folders into the root and all and they replace the old ones.

So figured out what I needed to do, replaced the hekate imo and patches ini and did the same with the patches folders in both atmosphere and boot loader.

Loaded up the switch, went to emunand cfw and tried to start up a game and still got the same black screen unable to start software with the big exclamation point.

@BigOnYa any thoughts on what next? Everything seems updated from the new patches and Ini files but I still get that same thing.. what step am I missing or what should I do next?

Or worst case is this just going to be where I can only play my games through rebooting to stock OFW and then if I want to mod I’ll have to go through tinfoil and such on other games and do that.

Last edited by Zmed44,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto