1. theory18

OP theory18 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi,
    i was wondering if there is an easier way to add friendcodes to pokemon platinum,
    cause i don't have anyone i know with the same game and i would like to fight some people
    and stuff without the need to add them one by one to my friends.

Thanks in advance.

2. Black ace

Black ace GBAtemp Fan

I don't think there is any other way of adding friend codes other than using the pal pad or the union room

3. Ssangchu

Ssangchu Member
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    hi korea 6480 7720 3500

4. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Developer
    Developer

United States
    In order to add friend codes or even view your own, you have to have the Pal Pad. You can get the Pal Pad from the lady behind the counter when you go downstairs of a Pokemon Center, it's a blue room and is there for Wi-Fi related activities.

NOTE: If you plan on using services like AltWFC or other various WFC services your friend code WILL CHANGE after you change your Wi-Fi settings. It's inevitable, so if you plan on posting friend codes, you better stick with the services you are using or use different consoles each using different services.

5. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

United States
    Doesnt changing the console itself reset the friendcode too? unless im thinking of pal park in pokemon x/y

6. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Developer
    Developer

United States
    Of course, what I meant was if you want to play it smart and post friend codes without dealing with changing DNS addresses and what not, you would stick one service on one console and leave it there and use another service on another console, at this point you would have two different friend codes, one per console. This way you don't have to worry about reposting friend codes after changing settings, just grab the console for whatever service and be on your way.

7. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This thread is nearly nine years old, lol. Useful info nonetheless.

8. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Developer
    Developer

United States
    @Ssangchu sort of brought it back up, so it wasn't necessarily my fault lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - friendcodes, platinum, pokemon