giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I have Co-Codamol 30/500. They were prescribed to me by my doctor for my chronic migraines, I know they are the totally wrong medication but they get rid of the pain. So when I first started taking them I got too used to it and they stopped working so I stopped for about 6 months. I've started taking them again due to my headaches but I seem to rely on them too much, I like the feeling they give me. I don't get any withdrawal symptoms if I don't take any but I just miss the feeling if I don't, I'll only take them if I have to but I'm kind of scared I'm gonna start taking them just for the sake of doing it. The worse part about it is the fact that every time I get a repeat they give me about 60 tablets. I behave just as I normally would if I hadn't taken any which is a good thing I suppose.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First it starts off with minor drugs then it goes on to cocaine, cannabis, crystal meth until you turn into a drug addict with your life ruined............ lol just kidding, you should be fine.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
If your going to get addicted to something make it something proper coke or weed or something; not co codamol
laugh.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm addic- I'm addic- I'm addicted to you! Oh Codeine!

But seriously, You may want to talk to your doctor about that.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
giratina16 said:
I would rather it be co-codamol that coke or weed. At least I don't have to pay for co-codamol. Well so far my liver works fine.
You are now a true junkie
tongue.gif

Seriously go talk to your doctor before you things get serious.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is cannabis now in the same category as cocaine or crystal meth?

One cannot overdose on weed.

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Pi said:
giratina16 said:
I would rather it be co-codamol that coke or weed. At least I don't have to pay for co-codamol. Well so far my liver works fine.
tongue.gif

Lol I didn't mean it like that, I meant it as if I ever was to get addicted to drugs I would rather take the free ones so I would still have money.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
The Pi said:
giratina16 said:
tongue.gif

Lol I didn't mean it like that, I meant it as if I ever was to get addicted to drugs I would rather take the free ones so I would still have money.
that is the same thing...

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
giratina16 said:
The Pi said:
giratina16 said:
tongue.gif

that is the same thing...
Well not really, It's better to not be broke.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
One of my patients had a cocodamol addiction for 14 years and he really paid the price with liver function and illness. Cannabis would be far less damaging for you if you're going to pick something to be addicted to.

Just stop, or see your GP for an alternative.

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Sounds like you're rationalizing your mis-use of the codeine by saying that you don't have to pay for it.
Yeah it does sound kind of bad.
QUOTE(xist @ Jul 15 2010, 08:56 PM) One of my patients had a cocodamol addiction for 14 years and he really paid the price with liver function and illness. Cannabis would be far less damaging for you if you're going to pick something to be addicted to.

Just stop, or see your GP for an alternative.
My GP is useless, he prescribes anything a friend of mine was prescribed Diazepam for period pains at 15 years old by him. If I asked for an alternative he'd probably give me a morphine shot. I suppose the way I'm putting it, it sounds like I'm taking them everyday but I'm not. I take about 4 tablets a week 'cause I get at least 1 migraine a week due to stress and I think I might need glasses. I've got an opticians appointment tomorrow.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Prescription changes can often contribute to headaches/migraines. If you generally wake up fine and find that you're getting them after reading or close work, or even just distance stuff depending on your independent eye prescriptions then it may be visual related issues.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Prescription changes can often contribute to headaches/migraines. If you generally wake up fine and find that you're getting them after reading or close work, or even just distance stuff depending on your independent eye prescriptions then it may be visual related issues.
Can I ask what you work as?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Hospital Optometrist with specialities in Low Vision and Contact Lenses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol