Hacking ACWW Cheats + Edge = Crash!

Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I have EDGE and have relished ACWW cheats don't work! My friend (NDSTemp50) has r4 I recently found a fix for the r4 and after reading the thread it said it had something to do with R4 patching the arm7.... I have EDGE not R4 I would love to be able to use Text2Item and Real time world edit when I try to use these cheats my game freezes I have searched and only found stuff and fixing the glitch on R4 not any other cards! I feel like I should have bought R4 because it's popular and theres ALWAYS a fix for everything. Please I need help!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not all cheats work for all flashcards.

There are specific cheats that are also ONLY for R4, eg. the zoom in - zoom out feature in Pokemon diamond/pearl

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fatboy12345236 said:
I know that im asking is there a chance for a possible ARM7 Patch or somthing like that

Well an ARM7 patch is basically used when i ROM wont load up, i don't belive that patching will solve your problems.

The problem lies in the EDGE Firmware, specifically the Cheat Code Engine, if there is a problem with the cheats, then the problem is from the engine itself i.e. the EDGE firmware, not the ROM. So im guessing that ARM7 patching won't help....at all.

Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for everyone that's helped! I have some news! Me and NDSTemp50 have done a few tests NDSTemp has R4 I have EDGE We have been working together for awhile trying to fix the prob. with Text2Item and stuff R4 said when/if he ARM7 patched the rom he got some cheats to work such as the Walk Though Anything Code (Coordinates Mod) to work however when I try to ARM7 patch the rom the cheats don't work
frown.gif
I have more news when NDSTemp tries the Text2Item Code or the Real Time World Edit Code he says the codes work however he doesn't get the item when I try my DS freezes and I need to reset my DS and I know it's %100 frozen because my soft-reset doesn't work! Also I can't get the walk though anything code to work this is where it gets weird! If im holding a tool (an axe for example) and my player is using the tool E.G Swinging it. My character works how the coordinates mod should work and he flies over the map however when my player stops swinging it he walks normally it seems that I can use the codes such as search and replace and the codes that set values ingame E.G Max Money. work however any code that is meant to change gameplay is a fail (real time world edit walk though anything ETC) Now another thing I tried after reading that flashcarts patch the ARM7 or something like that. That makes the cheats not work. I thought hmm I wonder if it's a prob. with the flashcart cheat system I might try DSATM I have tried I get a White screen of death (crackers I need your help). This topic is still open and any help will be helpful
wink.gif

Thank you!

Posts merged

dudeonline said:
Maybe its just your ROM? My EDGE card fully supported all the cheats fully.

No I don't think that's true! Iv'e downloaded the rom 3x and tried the ARM7 Patch

I will be trying a Europe ROM Tonight
Also if I could buy either V1 or V1.1 Which one would you tell me to get?

Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dudeonline said:
An ARM7 patch is not and never was required for the EDGE if thast what you are trying to do.
I know! NDSTemp said that ARM7 patching the rom got some more cheats to work so I tried that it didnt work :'(

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
if i get the history right...
trainer toolkit and ACWW released about the sametime
most code during those days should be made by trainer toolkit
therefore, i assume all acww cheat should work the best with original game + ARDS

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't get it.

I have 3 EDGE flashcarts (my kids) and the all work flawless with animal crossing (EU) and the cheats from the cheat database here.
No patching on the rom required or arm7 swapping.

I myself use CycloDS Evo for my ds lite, but the edge is as good as the cyclods, minus some options.

Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
I don't get it.

I have 3 EDGE flashcarts (my kids) and the all work flawless with animal crossing (EU) and the cheats from the cheat database here.
No patching on the rom required or arm7 swapping.

I myself use CycloDS Evo for my ds lite, but the edge is as good as the cyclods, minus some options.

Have you tried Text2Item?

Fatboy12345236

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK! I have some new news! The EDGE team have released their new 1.5 Firmware and it says that it has a completly new cheat engine! I'm like "Yay! This could fix the prob. with ACWW cheats" Sadly, Hate to break the news it does'nt but I believe SOMETHING has changed because now instead of freezing it continues running and does not give me my 001c just continues playing a think we ARE one step closer to getting the cheats to work!

wink.gif
Thank You!
wink.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Don't get an R4 clone bro, if you want the cheapest reliable cart then get an Ak2. Though for now stick with your EDGE and try and iron out the wrinkles. I had a problem once with using AC:WW cheats on my M3 Real with an old version of Sakura which caused it to crash because there were so many cheats being loaded. Try cutting out the cheats you don't need with r4cce and see if that works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: