Hacking Actual GBA flash carts available?

Faber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the EZ-Flash being the hardest thing to find this side of Sasquatch and ancient aliens.

Are there any flash carts that are a step down but actually available? Ebay has the Supercard SD mini but I hear it's awful and I don't wanna waste money on it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not really. Someone did seem to find a fire card the other day but those things are worse than a 3 in 1 if you have a DS/DS lite to manage it with. http://shop.01media.com/info.asp?ProductID=33552 also exists I guess but I can not really suggest it for GBA uses (the EZ4 may not be quite as feature filled as the likes of the EZ3 but it runs GBA games and does so without too much hassle, that on the other hand...). By the way that site just linked has a few EZ4 lite deluxes and EZ4 lites -- with a tiny bit of effort they fit the GBA, original DS and everything like that and do just fine there.

The supercards are really sub par when it comes to GBA -- every GBA flash cart that can fit the ROM will be able to play it with a minor patch common to all other cards assuming it is not a supercard, supercard clone or first attempt a GBA cart (some of the GBC stuff was slightly retooled to allow for it). I will have to find the link buried somewhere but there was a compatibility list at one point ( http://www.rothmans.joskeonline.com/supercardsite/ was the link) in time and it was not pretty -- 70% and not a good 70%, loads of GBA classics not there, issues among that 70% (slowdowns, crashing and more) and saving was a pain. I would not pass one up if it was a mate that had one for trade or something but no chance of dropping money on one.

The EZ4 only stuck around for a bit longer as various people convinced the EZTeam into doing another run back in 2009 I think it was.

Edit- archive.org seems to have sorted itself out in recent years
http://web.archive.org/web/20080216025201/http://www.rothmans.joskeonline.com/supercardsite/ is a start.
Suffice it to say for every other GBA cart everything would be green and every issue would be solved for every game save two (an unlicensed organiser that probably did have extra hardware and a Japanese game series called Legendz that was basically what came before Spyro Skylanders).

chadderbox77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That site sucks. It never goes through once you click on paypal, they've been having problems with it for a long time now. As to the topic, I find that Supercard mini's are the best. I have quite a few of them, including two old supercard sd's. (the blue ones). They only have slow downs on a few of the games I play, and I like the real time save ability. I had a EZ flash IV and wasn't impressed with it, especially the build quality. Good luck getting a micro sd, in an adapter, out of it. With my supercard mini, I have a folder full of games stored on my computer and can just copy to each new supercard at any time. Only need to patch the roms once.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ooh, sorry for the false hope then :-(

Then indeed GBA cards are getting impossible to find now. On the other hand: how many of these card are gathering dust now? Mine does (M3 perfect) and - although I am not willing to sell mine- there should be some available in the 2nd hand online market-places???

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
ooh, sorry for the false hope then :-(

Then indeed GBA cards are getting impossible to find now. On the other hand: how many of these card are gathering dust now? Mine does (M3 perfect) and - although I am not willing to sell mine- there should be some available in the 2nd hand online market-places???

yea it should be, i have m3 perfect and supercard mini sd. sold my ezflash iv long time ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-