Hacking ACTION REPLAY DSi / R4 card

learningprogrammer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thought i'd ask if anyone knew if you could use an action replay dsi and insert a r4 flashcart and use the cheats? or if anyone knew how to use the cheats from the wood kernal firmware?

thanks and much apprciated

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey thought i'd ask if anyone knew if you could use an action replay dsi and insert a r4 flashcart and use the cheats? or if anyone knew how to use the cheats from the wood kernal firmware?

thanks and much apprciated
You select a game and press "Y" twice to enable cheats at the R4.

learningprogrammer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to say lol that y is settings in my firmware. I see all the cheats but for some reason they dont work. For example in pokemon the cheat is (SELECT+UP) you should get all TM's/HM's and it doesnt work same for other games. Curious if it is the actual AR code in the firmware (which if it is i dont mind switching the code because ive done many AR codes for action replay) or if it is the actual firmware.

learningprogrammer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL after fooling around i figured out how to use the cheats.If you are using the r4i gold3ds rts sdhc flashcart this is what you need to know for cheats.

1. when in r4 firmware highlight the game you want to cheat in.
2. Press Y and file information will pop up (X- Cheats Y- Settings A- OK)
3. Press Y again and a compatibility menu will pop up
4. On the top right arrow press right and a features menu/tab will pop up
5. where it says "Cheat in Game(AR)" typically will be in global(off) switch to on and press a it will ask to save current settings press a for ok.
6. It will pop you out to the file information screen again. Press X for cheats
7. In this "cheat" tab you can select any cheats you want. (pay attention to any buttons you must press to enable cheat in game)
8. After you select your cheats press X to confirm that cheats stay marked (little box that represents check mark)
9. Then load your game up and your cheats should work. (like i mention might have to press (START+UP) to enable cheat for example)

P.S personally ive noticed that you have to do this for each individual game, but once you set global(off) to on you only have to worry about the cheat menu after that for each game. EACH GAME HAS SEPERATE FILE SETTINGS

(im going to look into how to add your own AR codes to the list, but for most part it has ALOT of codes already on it.)
if you dont have any cheats on it i believe this is how you get them

1.when you start your firmware and see the microSD card logo/pic press start and click tools
2. click A-update it will reload and an update screen will pop up
3. update all and where it says "cheats DB" i put it to gbatemp.net and press A a confirm screen pops up press A
4. it will reload and you should be good

once again thanks for replying and much apprciated
(im still learning and i understand i dont know everything so any suggestions or corrections, i will be glad to listen and learn thanks)

EnDaMeN28

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL after fooling around i figured out how to use the cheats.If you are using the r4i gold3ds rts sdhc flashcart this is what you need to know for cheats.

1. when in r4 firmware highlight the game you want to cheat in.
2. Press Y and file information will pop up (X- Cheats Y- Settings A- OK)
3. Press Y again and a compatibility menu will pop up
4. On the top right arrow press right and a features menu/tab will pop up
5. where it says "Cheat in Game(AR)" typically will be in global(off) switch to on and press a it will ask to save current settings press a for ok.
6. It will pop you out to the file information screen again. Press X for cheats
7. In this "cheat" tab you can select any cheats you want. (pay attention to any buttons you must press to enable cheat in game)
8. After you select your cheats press X to confirm that cheats stay marked (little box that represents check mark)
9. Then load your game up and your cheats should work. (like i mention might have to press (START+UP) to enable cheat for example)

P.S personally ive noticed that you have to do this for each individual game, but once you set global(off) to on you only have to worry about the cheat menu after that for each game. EACH GAME HAS SEPERATE FILE SETTINGS

(im going to look into how to add your own AR codes to the list, but for most part it has ALOT of codes already on it.)
if you dont have any cheats on it i believe this is how you get them

1.when you start your firmware and see the microSD card logo/pic press start and click tools
2. click A-update it will reload and an update screen will pop up
3. update all and where it says "cheats DB" i put it to gbatemp.net and press A a confirm screen pops up press A
4. it will reload and you should be good

once again thanks for replying and much apprciated
(im still learning and i understand i dont know everything so any suggestions or corrections, i will be glad to listen and learn thanks)

I want to do that, but my L + R buttons do not work, so I can't follow Step 4. ={

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SCRATCH THAT OH MY F**KING GOSH!!!!! IT BLEW ON TEH BOOTENS AND IT WORKED AND NOW I CAN DO IT OMG TOO HYPE 4 DAYZ OMG THX SO MUCH M8 OMFG YES YES YES YES! LUV YA BRO <3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter