Hacking Action replay.dol boots but......

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have managed to boot an ar14.dol using GC Homebrew launcher but after u select ur cheats and it asks u to open the lid, when i insert my gamecube disc, it says error : no disc?

Any help please? Anyone?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
nikeymikey said:
Hi I have managed to boot an ar14.dol using GC Homebrew launcher but after u select ur cheats and it asks u to open the lid, when i insert my gamecube disc, it says error : no disc?

Any help please? Anyone?
where did you get the dol?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is it a case of just extracting the dol with GC Tool to get this?

when my kids have ejected a GC game in during gameplay it gives a lid is open message have you tried pressing the eject button

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
lol too from here.

You are launching a GC dol in Wii mode and then trying to access the DVD drive in GC mode, hmmm.

I use BOTH AR for GC, and Powersaves for wii, but do so by the normal means, if you have a chip suppose you could get all this free, Aaaaar
wink.gif

Anyway, imho if you want to cheat in GC mode, get your firmware on Wii sorted as mine is 3.2, with wiikey 1.9s

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used a program called arextract to get the dol.

The no disc error comes after inserting my gamecube disc, after the open lid screen.

Posts merged

I have tried booting the dol with the gc disc in the wii. But it still asks me to open the lid, which I do, then insert disc again, error: no disc.

Posts merged

@ slimmmmmmm. The gamecube homebrew launcher uses gc mode so wii mode is not the problem.
I am on 3.2e so that not the problem and I have an original ar disc, but that was blocked by nintendo!

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
You are launching a GC dol in Wii mode and then trying to access the DVD drive in GC mode, hmmm.

haha thats why the dol wouldnt boot for me from HBC it just code dumps
shy.gif
trust me to think it would be so simple lol the extent of my noobness never ends

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Please stop posting about this.

OK, you can launch the AR dol using the GChomebrew launcher from the Wii menu, that's all.

Either you will need to get doing a few things, hex editing, and coding etc before this would work.
I find it really funny because you will have a million problems even attempting this.

Get your wiis firmware sorted, get a chip get the DVD and sorted.
I have an AR for GC and used it many times (yes a backup works too on 3.2) with my 256 mem card.
From where you are now with this the wii wont even look at the drive.

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was only experimenting to see if it could b done. So u are saying that to get my ar workin again I should downgrade back to an earlier firmware....... If so then nooooooooooo I'm not doing that!! Guess I have to wait until someone else figures it out. I mean 6 months ago it was bein said that a backup loader was impossible but hey.....

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
I was only experimenting to see if it could b done. So u are saying that to get my ar workin again I should downgrade back to an earlier firmware....... If so then nooooooooooo I'm not doing that!! Guess I have to wait until someone else figures it out. I mean 6 months ago it was bein said that a backup loader was impossible but hey.....
I know some peeps are working on a GC loader, and also GC loading in the loaders. I have faith softchip will manage this and when they do we will easy launch GC from a loader and apply cheats, so a bit of patience imo is all that is needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol