OP
Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
ph34r.gif
I just got this card from my friend and I took the card out of my cyclods and deleted the cyclo folder an copied over the akaio or w/e its spelled 1.6 rc2 (the one at the top of the acekard wiki). It was working fine in my DSL and my friend aready did the danny phantom fix, and shows up on my XL. The problem is when i go to run it, it says 'loading' then goes to dual red screens saying it may not be official. I can't continue from there...

my friend is thinking he may have applied the fix wrong?

Help? :<

edit: hes got another copy of the same card that works fine in his dsi?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you sure you don't have a clone? do you feel a rectangular shape underneath the Acekard sticker?
What's the HWID? you can find it by going to the help section of AKAIO.

Also try pulling the cart out of teh slot just slightly, it's been known to help others on here.

Gvaz

OP
Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Are you sure you don't have a clone? do you feel a rectangular shape underneath the Acekard sticker?
What's the HWID? you can find it by going to the help section of AKAIO.

Also try pulling the cart out of teh slot just slightly, it's been known to help others on here.
There is clearly a square shape under the sticker, but the bump does not feel big.

I dont know the firmware at the moment. im posting from my ds (lol) and dont have my dsl anymore. I can check on my gf's fat ds when I get home.

I did check that how to tell thread but i coudnt read through the engrish, sorry. all i know is they dont use actel chips. i havent peeled off the sticker to see.

Gvaz

OP
Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
Ffff...I'll try and see if the normal firmware works on it and order a real one then.

So basically no ak2i's have a bump on the FRONT (i know they say the back but its the front, that's where the sticker is) and a hw of 80?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can normally feel a slight raise in the centre, but it will still be flat underneath. On your cart you'll probably find there's a window in the cart if you remove the sticker.

Yeah, HWID 80 on an Acekard 2i is bad.

Your friend could be using an older version of AKAIO, or he could be using the official instead.

Mozstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It may not be a fake... There are a few things to try beforehand...

You should format your card before installing Akaio, especially after using it with a different brand flashcart.

& make sure you have used the latest "update file" with new at the end, for the correct danny phantom fix,
i have found that the older one thats still floating about doesnt seem to work in the some newer 1.4 firmwares found mainly on XL's

newer update file: http://www.4shared.com/file/216759137/490f...pdate14new.html

& always download akaio straight from their official site http://www.normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...0e5c86cfe5560e3

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
my M3i Zero Sakura and AKAIO files are on the same cards so I dont think re-formatting solves anything but you can try. I interchanged my memory card from M3i Zero to Acekard 2i and I have no problems with the firmware.

Sounds like you have a clone but I have no evidense against you so dont flame me.

Just make sure you copied the files properly as in my case, it has some errors at boot time when I just copied the files. Turns out that there are some issues on the way I removed it from the USB. Re-copying the files solves the problems and my card is in fact genuine with HW: 81 with Black PCB with no window

Mozstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It does sound like the screen that the AKAIO throws up when it detects a fake card... one thing you can try is the official acekard firmware as that doesnt block fake cards, if that works then you know it must be a fake.

@chris re-formatting can solve lots of things, is it not worth mentioning?

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I said "You can try" as I dont have problems with re-formatting. Sounds like bullshit if you need to format your cards when it was used on another card but that's just on my side as my card has 2-4 OSs on different cards and they work on their respective cards. But hey, we all have different situations so it's still good to re-format if needed.

Though, the only time I re-format is when there's problem on one card that contains some corrupted files. Perhaps, the OP has some corrupted files so he needs to format.

I was greeted with errors when I first updated to RC2 and was fixed when I re-copied the files and SAFELY removed the cardreader. Still, AKAIO has some naughty decipline regarding the files as my cart is GENUINE but I was greeted by a CLONE-DETECTOR

Gvaz

OP
Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
You can normally feel a slight raise in the centre, but it will still be flat underneath. On your cart you'll probably find there's a window in the cart if you remove the sticker.

Yeah, HWID 80 on an Acekard 2i is bad.

Your friend could be using an older version of AKAIO, or he could be using the official instead.

I myself put akaio on my microsd, it doesn't even load up and says my ak might not be genuine.

I tried putting the official firmware, and it loads up, but playing any game or any homebrew nets me the same message (red screen on bottom, black screen on top w/ message)

I tried "redoing" the danny phantom fix, figuring maybe it was wrong, but it says I can't update it (guessing here it's because its already the latest. My dsi xl can see it just fine)

My friend thinks he got a bad batch, since he bought this one to replace one he thought died, but didnt die (ergo so he had two). He's thinking maybe this one was part of a different batch since he runs akaio fine on his dsi on his acekard2i

edit: I don't think anything is corrupted since I've tried this several times (copying the new akaio and official firmware to the card) and its copied over just fine. I'm using my sd card reader which has never failed be and is working fine with other cards as well.

gonna try the danny phantom linked but idk if it will work since my dsi xl can already see the card fine
edit2: doesn't work. Says this card cannot be updated and has a HW of 8080 and a card id of 0fc2

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gvaz said:
gonna try the danny phantom linked but idk if it will work since my dsi xl can already see the card fine
edit2: doesn't work. Says this card cannot be updated and has a HW of 8080 and a card id of 0fc2
No i'm afraid you can't update the internal firmware on these, they come with 1.4 from the factory. If you try to update them, you'll get the error message you've already encountered.

If you put in in a DS Lite it should say "Acekard 2" in the next box right of the Acekard icon, while a genuine Acekard 2i will display "Acekard 2i" in this box even on a DS Lite. This is the reason you can't update them, they are a fudged clone of the Acekard 2/ 2.1

Gvaz

OP
Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Gvaz said:
No i'm afraid you can't update the internal firmware on these, they come with 1.4 from the factory. If you try to update them, you'll get the error message you've already encountered.

If you put in in a DS Lite it should say "Acekard 2" in the next box right of the Acekard icon, while a genuine Acekard 2i will display "Acekard 2i" in this box even on a DS Lite. This is the reason you can't update them, they are a fudged clone of the Acekard 2/ 2.1

No no, My friend already updated it to the danny phantom prior to giving the card to me. I tried anyways to see if i could reflash it.

today I met with him again
I put my mSD in his acekard2i (hw: 81) and it worked fine on his dsi
I put his mSD in my acekard2i (hw: 80) and it worked fine on his dsi (he has akaio 1.5, i have 1.6 RC2)
I put his mSD in my acekard2i and it worked fine on my dsi xl.
I put my mSD in his acekard2i and it worked fine on my dsi xl.

frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1