Hacking Acekard2i With DSi LL

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys just abit of help if i could get it. I recently just got a DSi LL japanese edition. Now i looked before i bought it about the support with flashcarts and so on and saw it was more than fine.

Now my issue is that the device is 1.4j, i cant read anything of the menus. Which is not a big deal as i thought putting in the cart would just show up and then i can run from there. But with the card, and micro sd card in, the option to go into the card doesnt show at all. What could be causing this ? Would it be that it needs to be flashed to be able to run on that firmware. I didnt think it would mainly cause it doesnt even show up in the menu.

If anyone can try and put me on the right track that would be great. Just wanna make sure the thing works before handing it over as a present.

Thanks.

DJBBOY

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djbboy said:
Hi guys just abit of help if i could get it. I recently just got a DSi LL japanese edition. Now i looked before i bought it about the support with flashcarts and so on and saw it was more than fine.

Now my issue is that the device is 1.4j, i cant read anything of the menus. Which is not a big deal as i thought putting in the cart would just show up and then i can run from there. But with the card, and micro sd card in, the option to go into the card doesnt show at all. What could be causing this ? Would it be that it needs to be flashed to be able to run on that firmware. I didnt think it would mainly cause it doesnt even show up in the menu.

If anyone can try and put me on the right track that would be great. Just wanna make sure the thing works before handing it over as a present.

Thanks.

DJBBOY

So wait, it's not even showing up? Have you tried the paper trick?

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok looked into the paper trick, tried it, no luck. I think maybe the card is a dud. If there anything else that can be done ? The device is brand spanking new.

DJBBOY

themedster327

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get it from DealXtreme, because i bought a acekard2i and it was a dud, i emailed dealextreme, they gave me a new one, and it worked...if not, ask your dealer for a new one

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah i think im going with the fact its a dud. It was from a different company not dealextreme, came with the DSi LL as a package. Gonna see if i can find another card to test before i complain to them

DJBBOY

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may sound like a silly question but in the meantime(Til I get my DSi) can I use the AceKard 2i on my DS Lite(I already have an acekard in there but I want to test out my 2i and make sure that it works) or does the AceKard 2i only work with the DSi..I dont want my DS Lite to brick

rikuumi

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
I know this may sound like a silly question but in the meantime(Til I get my DSi) can I use the AceKard 2i on my DS Lite(I already have an acekard in there but I want to test out my 2i and make sure that it works) or does the AceKard 2i only work with the DSi..I dont want my DS Lite to brick

how your DS lite can brick if you try Acekard on DSi?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
All DSi compatible carts work on all ds systems.

Just checked mine, works great!! Just wanted to make sure it was not a dud. Now, I gotta figure out if its worth waiting for the new DSI LL or just getting the DSi..since you have one, the screen size difference between the DS Lite and the DSi, do you notice the difference at all, how much bigger of a screen is the DSi? Thanks

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As I told you in the other topic I don't have but my cousin does.
frown.gif
I have a ds phat for that matter and again yes I do notice the difference and the screen is bigger by 0.25 inches or whatever but you get the effect that once you go bigger its kind of hard to go back to the smaller.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
As I told you in the other topic I don't have but my cousin does.
frown.gif
I have a ds phat for that matter and again yes I do notice the difference and the screen is bigger by 0.25 inches or whatever but you get the effect that once you go bigger its kind of hard to go back to the smaller.

Thanks for the info. I guess in the meantime I Can use the DSi and when the new one comes out I can trade it in for the new one. Thanks for the info. Online the DS Lite and the DSi look the same, but I guess in person the 0.25 does make a difference

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i thought maybe the card was not updated, so i tried it in a normal DSi, and it still didnt show up. I guess thats a pretty clear indication that its a dud right ?

The supplier said to me that i didnt set it up right, and its not faulty. The process to setup is download the files, put in the root folder and it should work after that right ??

DJBBOY

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djbboy said:
i thought maybe the card was not updated, so i tried it in a normal DSi, and it still didnt show up. I guess thats a pretty clear indication that its a dud right ?

The supplier said to me that i didnt set it up right, and its not faulty. The process to setup is download the files, put in the root folder and it should work after that right ??

DJBBOY
Test it in a DS lite or Phat. Sounds like you may have to upgrade the bootstrap.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174...p;#entry2194100

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok so the acekard will not even show up in old DS Lite, thats gotta mean the card is a dud right ?

DJBBOY

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah i did, used a bit of metho and a microfiber cloth, didnt make a difference.

The company still assures me its not faulty, i think i need to invest in a new one to prove it to them. Pathetic service.

DJBBOY

SlimGG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gonna try and buy a new one and then head to where they supply the one i got thats broken and throw it at them and demand money back..

DSi LL is awesome though, huge screens make for alot of fun. The device is not region coded to Japan as mentioned in other places. Works fine with normal carts. Downside is Jap stock menu's. But no big deal.

Was there ever a patch or anything for language changing on a DSi/Phat ??

DJBBOY

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I will nvr say a FUQing Curse word Again :D