Acekard2i or DSTWO

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jargus, Mar 16, 2011.

1. jargus
    OP

jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    United States
    My gf is getting a DSi soon and I plan on getting her a flashcart. However shes never used a dsi or flashcart before and i haven't used a dsi compatible flashcart (always used r4 on ds lite). I know DSTWO has built-in emulators but I don't think she'll use them. Which would be easiest to interface with for someone who has no experience with one and which would maintain (firmware updates and such)? All she needs is to be able to play backups with ease she has no interest in homebrew.

2. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Acekard would be better, if all she cares about is playing DS games and nothing more. It'll be also easier to maintain.

3. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    AK2i if it's just for DS games. Otherwise the DSTwo might offer more features but also costs quite a bit more (3x more).

-Qtis

4. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2010
    for you acekard is optimal and cheaper choice

5. fruolie

fruolie Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2010
    Acercard is easy to use and a cheaper solution. On the other side dstwo is a safe solution if she is going to update the firmware by accident.

6. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Well I've got a DSTwo card - which I think is brilliant........

......However for a 'newbie' I would recommend the Acekard2i

Although the DS2 is great - with all the 'extras' such as the emulators / plugins / Reader and Movie player - it might be a little overwhelming for someone who's new to the whole flashcard business.

The AK2i on the otherhand - you just have the one 'menu' that only does one thing - list the programs & let's you play DS games/Homebrew....

7. tagzard

tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

Banned
    Apr 28, 2010
    United States
    Chicago Illinois
    Does she like gba games? Then get the supercardtwo but if she only wants to play ds games get thw ak2i

8. Buleste

Buleste Old Fart

Dec 19, 2010
    AceKArd would be better if she has absolutely no use for the extra features of the SCDS2 and it's easier on the wallet.

9. Sonataroger

Sonataroger Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2009
    United States
    My bid is in for the acekard2i just because it'll save you 20-30 bucks.

10. RoMee

RoMee ??

Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    ??
    DSTWO is way better, but for a noob, the acekard will do