Hacking Acekard2i Fix is released today !

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
YEAAAAH!

Worked fine when run directly from a Japanese DSi with 1.4J. Now it's 1.4.1J, the icon is Alex Rider Stormbraker and everything is just fine.

THANKS FOR THE NEWS!

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it worked
smile.gif
now I've got the stormbreaker icon, lot better then the danny phantom one if you ask me
tongue.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Good ol' "Acecard" Team!

We might knock their official firmware, but we still love em' because they kick Ninty's antipiracy attempts to Timbuktu!

NinjaMic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just to clarify (extremely paranoid since I have a Lite and everything is working perfectly),

Even with AKAIO, place ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds in the root directory, let it run, and thats it?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NinjaMic said:
Ok just to clarify (extremely paranoid since I have a Lite and everything is working perfectly),

Even with AKAIO, place ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds in the root directory, let it run, and thats it?
Yes.

You can also use the DSl.nds (L) version to update your AceKard from a different card (Requires a DS Lite or 'phat').
This can be used to 'unbrick' a bad flash if something happens -- like the battery dying or you turning off the power or ejecting the cart while flashing, or if you get a bad flash due to some other problem.

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the difference between the dsi and dsl versions of the update, can you use the dsi version on a ds lite and if so is it exactly the same thing?

Marsou77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Memino said:
What's the difference between the dsi and dsl versions of the update, can you use the dsi version on a ds lite and if so is it exactly the same thing?
The difference is for the DSL.nds is for multiple Acekard

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Memino said:

The DSi file updates the cartridge which you are running the update on.

The DSL file will prompt you to eject the cart, and then insert another. This can be used for quickly mass updating carts, or for unbricking a cart previously bricked by either update

As part of the DSi's anti piracy measures, the DSi will not allow you to eject the cart past the DSi menu. It's for this reason only the DSi file works on the DSi, while both files will work on a DS/ DS Lite.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Memino said:
The DSi version updates a single card, since the DSi can't swap carts without returning to the menu.
The DSl version can update multiple cards and be run from a Non-AceKard2i. So if you get a bad flash, you can use (for example) an R4 to update the AceKard by running the Lite version and swapping the R4 for the AK2i when it comes time to flash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work