Hacking Acekard2 stopped working after first use

jmacattack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Acekard on Friday, I loaded my SD with the Acekard files and some games, put it in the DS and started it up. Clicked on the Aceskard in the DS start screen, loaded fine, picked a game and played it for about 10 minutes. I didn't know how to exit out of the game so I just turned the DS off. When I restarted the DS,
ak2_power_on.JPG

at this screen, the box where it should say acekard is just white. If you click on that white box, then both screens on the DS turn white. I got my acekard from DX, I took pics and emailed for an RMA, they told me to check the forums and if it's still not working to let them know. (nice, I know). So does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this? Thanks!

edit: I also wanted to add, I spent hours googling this in various forums and havent seen any posts from anyone having a similar problem to mine. any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

jmacattack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:
Try it. Youll never know. Plus AKAIO is far superior to the official firmware.

Format your card, then put AKAIO on it.

I tried formatting the SD card and putting AKAIO 1.4 on it, it still did the same thing. Thanks for the advice though! I will use AKAIO on my next acekard.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Must be a faulty acecard. Or could it be your sd card?

Try a retail game to see if that works, if youve got one, just to make sure its not your DS going wrong.

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem, except mine didn't work even on the first try.
I posted pics (sadly bad camera phone quality) of what happened on my ds in this thread.

Requesting an RMA from topdepots.com right now.
Probably wont order from them again. I understand that it's not the retailers fault, but it was overall bad customer service.
For example, the free shipping includes a tracking number.
Several days I email about this and they apologize for having FORGOT to provide me one.
I then get an email the day before the package arrives (which is 2 after I ordered it) telling me the tracking number.

I'm going back to using RHS.
smile.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, since the Acekard will appear there without a Micro SD card in the Acekard at all, no matter what's on the micro SD card it wont matter. People should just stop spewing out bullshit information.

It is not the memory card. Everyone saying 'use AKAIO' or some shit, take you're Micro SD card out, turn on your DS, and tell me if Acekard shows up on the menu.

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
Well, since the Acekard will appear there without a Micro SD card in the Acekard at all, no matter what's on the micro SD card it wont matter. People should just stop spewing out bullshit information.

It is not the memory card. Everyone saying 'use AKAIO' or some shit, take you're Micro SD card out, turn on your DS, and tell me if Acekard shows up on the menu.

first thing I did was was try and boot it without even putting the micro sd card in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U