Hacking AceKard won't work in my DS

jtc0319

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this Acekard 2i for a while now and it worked fine on my original DS and I wanted it to work for my DSi. My DSi is on 1.4.3U so I downloaded the Acekard update for it. I put the update file on my sd card and loaded up Acekard and went through the update without a problem. When I powered off my original DS and turned it back on, The warning screen is half faded and just freezes there and if I put it into my DSi nothing shows up. Could someone please help me out?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it could be the all-to-common contact issue. please reseat the card and try again.

pretty much all of my ak2i kits work on the dsl but require a fix to get them working on the dsi.

more information:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Solving_Acekard_2i_Contact_Issues

if the bootloader install is bad/corrupted then you should either see no icon or an icon but when you boot nothing happens. you may want to reflash the bootloader. this time do it with the last official acekard firmware. if you insist on doing it with akaio then change the homebrew softreset hook from the default value. keep in mind that if you can not boot into it then you must treat it as a bricked ak2i, which means you will need a 2nd flash kit to reflash the bootloader.

more information:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

-another world

jtc0319

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading about unbricking a bricked cart, I think I might have bricked my DS, as it freezes at the Health and Safety screen. There's mention of a Flash Kit, could you tell me about what that is? And thank you for the help.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
your ds lite? take out the battery, wait about 2 minutes, then put it back in. plug it in, turn it on. is it working now?

there is no way you bricked your ds by updating the ak2i.

-another world
+ if AK is bricked it can freezee DS, use another flashcard to run update file for acekard and follow onscreen instructions ~ swap to AK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-