Dr.Aqua

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lately it seems my 2 AK2i's(Akaio 1.8.1) freeze a lot lately and have rom incompatibilties
My R4 on wood works much better but is limited to 2 gb

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you using Anti-Anti Piracy mode?
If not, then the Anti-piracy might cause the game to freeze/not work.
If so, then your microSD might be too slow and that will cause freezing.

You're screwed either way unless you buy a faster or new microSD (class 6, preferably).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
minimum latency where anti-piracy still works is 8254. class speed is write speed not read speed, being a class 2 or 10 doesn't really matter. except for the fact that some class-2 cards we have tested have a faster read speed than class 6 cards.

AP mode isn't something you want to leave on all the time, set it on a per-rom basis. if those roms require it and having it on causes freezing then your micro sd card is probably to slow to use AP. there is nothing that can be done to fix this, its more of a limitation of the acekard hardware as the AP patching has to be done in software.

by the way that latency number i quoted came from yellow wood goblin, that isn't something i made up. i'd suggest that perhaps you want to run a benchmark on your card to see how it stacks up. recently we tested a 16gb class2 sandisk and the latency was 37700, meaning that the AP patching option users can set will never work on it.

-another world

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr.Aqua said:
MY games wont fit in 2gb
only use r4 for two ds pokemon

I'm saying try it. If the games work, then its your MicroSD that's the problem.

Also, I don't believe for a minute that you can't get enough games on your 2gb. I have a 2gb bought from shoptemp, and I have 21 games on it, all work flawlessly. Even when others are having issues, I don't witness any of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night