Not open for further replies.

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi i emailed the acekard team about what they are currently working on and got this reply:

Hi,

First of all,thank you very much for your attention and favor to Acekard.

To be honest,racking 3DS is the hardest part.Nintendo had enforced their protections for 3DS console,so there must be a new hardware Acekard to play 3D games on 3DS.
We are working on this new Acekard.I do not know how long will it take but we'll try our best to be quick.Hope we won't let users down.

Kind regards

I know that you probably already might know this but i thought it was nice to post this as it lets people know that someone is working on a flashcart to support the new 3ds roms being dumped!!

rofl2.gif
toot.gif
yay.gif

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
what they meant to say was "we're waiting for a random hacker to do it for us so we can take his gpl licensed code, alter it and redistribute it without providing the source, because we're Chinese and we'll do what the fuck we want".

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
darkreaperofdreams said:
hope they take the console's lifespan to do it...i don't want crappy games on my 3DS
Too late.

lol. good one. but we all know what he meant, and I agree.

I'm sure the folks at Acekard aren't the only ones 'working on' a 3DS cart. Heck, I'm 'working on' being immortal, but ultimately I'll probably fail.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Shit, I just get nothing from this mail metioned by you.
You should change the title.

Please lock this kind of post.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gibberish said:
what they meant to say was "we're waiting for a random hacker to do it for us so we can take his gpl licensed code, alter it and redistribute it without providing the source, because we're Chinese and we'll do what the fuck we want".

I noticed one thing, people from the UK on this site, are rude as fuck and will insult other countries no matter what.

(What? I thought this was lets attack nations)

Anyways, I'd love it if they didn't come out with it. I really don't want the 3DS hacked at all. It doesn't need to be. I mean, sure having a flashcard is great, it is. I've got a couple with my DSL/DSi XL. But they ruin the game experience. I found myself not completing a lot of DS games because I didn't earn it or anything, and I know I'm not the only one on this site who feels the same either.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how this is news...it's more like "Yep! We are totally working on it! It'll totally be released maybe a week or 4 after the hack is released!". Yeah they're working on it, but it's not like it's gonna happen soon, not until a hack is discovered and exploited at least.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
I don't see how this is news...it's more like "Yep! We are totally working on it! It'll totally be released maybe a week or 4 after the hack is released!". Yeah they're working on it, but it's not like it's gonna happen soon, not until a hack is discovered and exploited at least.
This isn't the news section, this is the 3DS Hacking section.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
suprgamr232 said:
This isn't in the news section.

It is nice to hear that at least SOMEONE is working on the cart. But still I hope the 3DS won't be hacked so soon and I have also vowed to myself not to pirate anymore (but it's tempting)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
suprgamr232 said:
This isn't the news section, this is the 3DS Hacking section.

blink.gif
How did I manage to mix those up??

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the response the OP got from Acekard does kinda confirm one thing ... they've got no intention of updating the firmware on existing hardware to accommodate a 3DS hack even if its possible. I guess that's pretty obvious ... they can hardly stay in business without selling new product. But I've seen a number of posts on here from people who're hopeful their current flashcarts can be updated to run 3DS games. Ain't gonna happen, even if its possible to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm