Acekard Storage Problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by camman007, Nov 13, 2009.

Nov 13, 2009

Acekard Storage Problem by camman007 at 7:50 PM (991 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. camman007
    OP

Newcomer camman007 Member

United States
    I've looked around and can't find the answer to this, but basically my computer keeps saying I'm out of storage on my micro sd card, yet I've deleted tons of games from it and there's no way that could be possible. Thus it is now impossible for me to put any new games on. I'm using a mac to manage the files if that makes a difference, and when i delete files the amount of space used on the card doesn't change. Any help is appreciated

2. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    maybe you need to reformat your card. i'm not formiliar with macs, so i dunno how it's done. Maybe someone else knows. Just make sure you've got a backup of every game.

3. Sinistral89

Member Sinistral89 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    If I remember correctly from the time I used a Mac I had to empty the trashbin... Every file just gets an "Okay to delete" status but is still on the microsd card. So you have to empty the trashbin.

4. Velveteer

Member Velveteer GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I manage mine with Linux, which is internally very similar to Mac OS. At least for Linux there's a folder called .trash-1000 or something to that effect, which houses the files once they have been deleted. Check for a folder with that name, although it will most likely be hidden.

5. Jasper07

Member Jasper07 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I've got an idea...
    Put it in a Windows pc
    Go to explorer > computer > right click on your sd card > properties > click on 'Extra' tab > there you'll see 3 icons > click on the button next to the upper icon.
    I hope it helps [​IMG]

6. camman007
    OP

United States
    I've emptied the trashbin so that's not the problem.

I tried searching for that .trash folder and haven't come across it, I'll keep searching though.

I haven't tried the windows idea yet, but I'll give it a try when I get the chance. I have parallels desktop so I could run windows on here, but the problem is it won't let me manage the card from windows and says it's already in use from the Mac system.

Thanks for the suggestions though

7. Ireland 1

Member Ireland 1 GBAtemps resident Irish

Ireland
    Try reformating the card and then out back on your games.

8. camman007
    OP

United States
    Ok I figured out it was the trash bin thing I just forgot to empty it while the card was in lol. Thanks for the help guys.