wii communication
and download play?

open source
is the most important point of akrpg

hope ak really release all codes, not lying

1. Already answered. Please read more carefully
2. Don't have the game to test this
3. Already answered. Please read more carefully

does the slot-1 device act as a sdhc reader if you plug it in with the sd card inside?
i'm guessing not

and the copy and paste function is useless, no one is going to use it, it's impractical, just do it on the computer, it's probably faster too

No it does not.

QUOTE(kernelPANIC @ Sep 12 2007, 02:24 PM)Does your breath smell better while using the Acekard R.P.G.?
Yes. Minty fresh for 24 hrs! Helps fight gum disease too.

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
can link with Wii?
cry.gif

acekard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There is one thing we wanna clarify that the menu for AK RPG is still debugging for enhancement requestment change and it seems we send a wrong version of menu to gbatemp. But the base function of the menu has passed load test.
We'll send a stable and fast version of the loader again. (Already sent via email)
Thank you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I quite like the dual savelist and autopatch idea if it works like I think it does (with autopatch there for when the savelist screws up or is not there).
What are the sizes of saves by the way and as far as you can tell are they the RAW format (or a nominal tweak like the R4) that the rest of the flash cart world uses?

As for the "poor" show, I agree it is pretty much sink or swim from the start right now (there have been and are several great cards already) although in my opinion lack of download play, cheats and soft reset does not affect things for me.

Mawile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
well. if the operating system is fully opensource, can i look at it? (an INI file with settings does not mean opensource) by the way, where is it kept on the card and how much space does it takes?
what functions are accessible from it's core?... may i use USB port in a way, i want?.. may i change it to be a host? may i access to rom boot procedures and change them? what programming language does it understand? may i directly access to the flashcard's filesystem? and to memory card's filesystem?
i don't really believe, it can be fully opensource... though it would be great)

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
can you be more specific about loading rom and interface, how sluggish is it compared to R4/cycloDS?

it seems to me cyclo still held the crown, with buggy software and etc, but hopefully all those things are fixed by being open source

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks flimsy to me, do download play or cheat support and NO SOFT RESET?! WTF AceKard team, 8 months in the making for what?!

Gnat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
So wait, this card has built in memory like that Xtreme card and a micro sd slot like most others? Or is it a bit like with the gba EZ3 that loads roms from its slow memory to the faster one?

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In todays world of CycloDS and R4 with download play - anybody coming out with a new product better have it or forget it.
yaynds.gif

acekard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
About the open source, we'll releas all code inlclude menu, system, rom loader, IO interface and so on. You can do anything with these. And we'll release it as soon as we finish clarification of our code.

We're sure that it'll explore more potential of AK RPG.

You can send a email to acekard#gmail.com with key word in tittle of "Ak RPG Development" if you wanna develop on AK RPG or you have some good ideas about it.

Thank you.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shaunj66,

can you use the usb to flash directly to the MicroSD?
can you copy games from the internal flashram to MicroSD?

I think that'd be all I need to know
smile.gif
looks good, there's a new R4 coming out also in case anyone is wondering.

jester.hussler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to say that the loader speed and Download Play will be fixed on the next loader release. Furthermore Action Replay will be released soon.

- I was told this by the AceKard team

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK... So on the hardware side it's great, but on the software side it's pretty broken.

Normally, this cart would be very bad. But it does become open source... I'll wait and see how big the community will become, and then I'll maybe buy one.

They should have made good software to begin with themselves...

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is also has a crap GUI, I want something simple and functional, not too much to ask. This is anything but simple. Hope a dev changes it cause if it doesn't get fixed, my money's staying with me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1