Hacking Acekard or EDGE

maybeamac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am having trouble deciding between these two. I was adament on purchasees on the Acekard but after a lost package through DX and them telling me the supplier is out and they can't get anymore I am looking kind of at the edge. I thought that EDGE was just a clone of the Cylo. So if the Cyclo DS makes their firmware so that the EDGE can't use it does that mean that all the Edge uses are screwed. Also what is game compatibility like on the EDGE? 100% and download play and DS linking what ever that is called.

maybeamac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But with the firmware updates on the EDGE and Cyclo. If Cyclo makes their firmware full-proof will that fk up all the EDGE users?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say go with the AK2.1. It is far superior. Not only does it have one great team working on firmware updates, it has TWO (the AK team and the AKAIO team). You will NEVER have to worry about compatibility or anything of the sort with the AK2.1. Plus, it has the BEST interface of any other flash cart available, hands down. I've used a bunch of flash cards and not one of them have a GUI that can compare to the AK. Plus, you can get it unbelievably cheap (yes, cheaper than the EDGE). Plus, the AK isn't a lame clone of some other flash cart.

EDIT: Neither have any chip sticking out, IIRC.

Big Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen the EDGE is top knotch with compatability, for example. A lot of people were having trouble with playing GRID on the M3, Fire Card and even DSTT, but the EDGE and CycloDS had no problems.

And just because AK2.1 has two teams, doesn't make it fool proof. They could easily just phase out the AK2.1 just like with the original. The AK for DSi could soon become the main version. They did it before(Not to say that it can't happen with the EDGE, but AK has more history of pulling those moves)

maybeamac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Acekard 2 was replaced by the Acekard 2.1 because of alot of errors. The firmware however was comatible with both cards and still is, With the errors in the Acekard 2. Team Acekard will gladly replace your Acekard 2 provided that you show a picture with your email and the error of the Acekard 2. I think that there is not much difference between the Acekard 2 and the Acekard 2i the firmware is very similar but I think the bootload was changed?

1upm4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, Get an Edge. Its Sturdy, Supports Sdhc, It's played all of the games ive downloaded homebrew works. 100 game play and if a game does not work just wait team edge will get it working soon.

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im a happy Edge user but i have other cards like cyclo, ez5+, dstt and supercard ds one as well.
I use the Edge because i like it most.
If you cant decide buy booth cards, test booth and sell the one u dont like as much to a friend for the price of booth.

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDGE, AFAIK, is cheaper than most cards and has the same functionality as other cards. No known incompatibility issues with games, and firmware is almost updated always.

I say, go for EDGE.
smile.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybeamac said:
Yeah I got an EDGE, One game incopatibility is Viva Pinata it gives a white screen..

Use the firmware 1.41 it works on that firmware
smile.gif

As of the topic both cards are great the price doesn't really make a difference, however if you go for the acekard make sure you get the 2.1

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten them both to 2 friends for different reasons. My sister likes attractives GUIs and lots of choices with skins, so I gave her the Acekard2. On the other hand my friend's brother loves cheats, but that's about the only feature he needs. He also breaks things really easily, so I wanted to give him a cart that would last a long time. The EDGE is as sturdy as they get.

So basically in my opinion it depends on what you're looking for. You'll be happy with whichever one you choose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo