Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Video Showing the Acekard in Action

Looking good

A long (17 minute) video has been released showing the Acekard prototype in action, the video shows off some ROMs that are normally problematic playing just fine on the Acekard!
Here's a list of we can see revealed in the video:
  • Ultimate Spider-Man working
  • Pokémon Dash working
  • Final Fantasy III intro and game playing fine
  • Castlevania intro playing smoothly
  • And a few other games working
To see the video for yourself, enter this topic!

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
what a fucking winner...i must hold off on buying a DS lite fpr this
ohmy.gif

madmk

Trophies
XP
Country
If they finished it, mass produced it and distributed it out to retailers and included an SD card reader with a 512MB/1GB card to get started, and retailed it at £40-£50 they'd have themselves a winner. DS-X is way too overpriced and with 512MB its a let down. This however, if presented and priced correctly, could win the market.

Nice work to the team of AceKard.

waiwai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It boots quickly
smile.gif

Simple and yet boring interface though..

It has got the GBAtemp logo embedded in the video, so there is more information closeby! When are we hearing specs, release dates, passme inclusive?, skins, etc??

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks good, but nothing I can't do on my SC CF, and my Sc boots the games faster, and has In game Reset too, and 90% GBA support.

Definately better than my Ez4 though.

waves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OMG!

Sold+1 for sure!
This is exactly what I have been waiting for for more than a year! I always said "when there is a slot-1 solution with SD cards and no flashing of the firmware needed, we have reached the perfection"
wub.gif

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I think it would be a first choice if it were to support built-in in-game soft reset (I've noticed the guy on the video keeps hard reseting the cart), maybe because it's being developed, aside from that annoyance, it would sell very well given it'll be sold for a reasonable price
wub.gif

Redux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Looks good, but nothing I can't do on my SC CF, and my Sc boots the games faster, and has In game Reset too, and 90% GBA support.

Definately better than my Ez4 though.
The roms are played without patching. Who knows, you might be able to do single-cart hosting to non-flashed DSes.

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll definitely hold off on buying a cart until I see if this is as good as it sounds, along with no slowdown I like how they state it has low power consumption... does this have an official site yet? How far off at a guess would it be? Other carts seem to have been released pretty soon after they're announced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY