Hacking Acekard Doctor Who Skin (work in progress)

montymintypie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to hear thoughts on what I've done so far or suggestions for improvement.

Also would love to hear thoughts on a Doctor Who theme in general.
rolleyes.gif

I based this off the 'white' theme, and I'm slowly converting images. If I update stuff, I'll post it here.

TODO:
  • Change the colour and font of the time, month and year. It just doesn't fit. If anyone wants to make a font similar to the Dr Who title text, go ahead.
    yay.gif
  • Make a dedicated calander instead of yanking the one from the white theme. Probably won't happen.
  • Finish the theme.
Anyway, here's what I've got so far (top screen)
upper.jpg

montymintypie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I guess I'm just a bit slow with making themes
frown.gif
I wouldn't think of myself as a good designer either, so it takes me a while to get something that I like.

BTW, how do you make your custom fonts? I've been using manual pixel by pixel adjustments in Photoshop, and it still looks bad. There must be a better way! Also, is there a way to get transparencies in custom fonts?

P.S. Looked at your themes... I feel really slow now...
wtf.gif

f1error

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use this skin. I think the theme looks just fine.
All I would do for the bottom screen is just screen grab of a plain time time stream.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well just make the Numbers look like the DR Who text... and make the rest of the image(the background) black
so you would have to make they numbers light Black or Dark Dark Grey
like i said if you need me to help i can help ya...

montymintypie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dead End said:
Well just make the Numbers look like the DR Who text... and make the rest of the image(the background) black
so you would have to make they numbers light Black or Dark Dark Grey
like i said if you need me to help i can help ya...

The background can't be black, that's the time vortex man!
laugh.gif

I've found a good font, but I want to know 2 things: Does that Acekard just use black as the mask colour? E.G. the black in the first pic is just 07 for each value (RGB), which looks black with no comparison. Can the mask colour be changed, and can you have transparent numbers?

Also, I don't want to manually resize, chop and pixel align each of the new numbers. Is there a way to make a new font for numbers?

QUOTEAll I would do for the bottom screen is just screen grab of a plain time time stream.
I tried ripping off something from the BBC's Dr Who site, but it didn't work... Thanks for the suggestion, I'll use the red one instead, for some variety.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found a good font, but I want to know 2 things: Does that Acekard just use black as the mask colour? E.G. the black in the first pic is just 07 for each value (RGB), which looks black with no comparison. Can the mask colour be changed, and can you have transparent numbers?
thats just a Deep enough color it could be 13 for each value or it could be 75 for each value
it doesnt matter as long as its not 0 in all values otherwise it wont show up at all
and you CANNOT change the black around each number. Ill make an Example on why NOT to and when it IS Ok to do that...
probly tomorrow... if i have some time...

EDIT; Actualy makeing a theme that would look good with a Changeable Background for numbers is hard...

but i have an Idea...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car