Acekard Doctor Who Skin (work in progress)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by montymintypie, Jan 8, 2010.

Jan 8, 2010
  1. montymintypie
    OP

Newcomer montymintypie Advanced Member

Australia
    I would love to hear thoughts on what I've done so far or suggestions for improvement.

Also would love to hear thoughts on a Doctor Who theme in general. [​IMG]

I based this off the 'white' theme, and I'm slowly converting images. If I update stuff, I'll post it here.

TODO:
    • Change the colour and font of the time, month and year. It just doesn't fit. If anyone wants to make a font similar to the Dr Who title text, go ahead. [​IMG]
    • Make a dedicated calander instead of yanking the one from the white theme. Probably won't happen.
    • Finish the theme.
    Anyway, here's what I've got so far (top screen)
    [​IMG]

2. Dead End

Member Dead End GBAtemp Fan

United States
    wow its taking this long to make a theme? including the Font?
    i can do two Themes a day... with EVERY thing changed... but ya i would help
    justs tell me what to do (like PM me or something...) and ill try when i get home from school...
    Here are all my themes
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=200235

3. montymintypie
    OP

Australia
    Well I guess I'm just a bit slow with making themes [​IMG] I wouldn't think of myself as a good designer either, so it takes me a while to get something that I like.

BTW, how do you make your custom fonts? I've been using manual pixel by pixel adjustments in Photoshop, and it still looks bad. There must be a better way! Also, is there a way to get transparencies in custom fonts?

P.S. Looked at your themes... I feel really slow now... [​IMG]

4. f1error

Newcomer f1error Member

United States
    I would use this skin. I think the theme looks just fine.
    All I would do for the bottom screen is just screen grab of a plain time time stream.

5. Dead End

United States
    Well just make the Numbers look like the DR Who text... and make the rest of the image(the background) black
    so you would have to make they numbers light Black or Dark Dark Grey
    like i said if you need me to help i can help ya...

6. montymintypie
    OP

Australia
    I tried ripping off something from the BBC's Dr Who site, but it didn't work... Thanks for the suggestion, I'll use the red one instead, for some variety.

7. Dead End

United States
    I've found a good font, but I want to know 2 things: Does that Acekard just use black as the mask colour? E.G. the black in the first pic is just 07 for each value (RGB), which looks black with no comparison. Can the mask colour be changed, and can you have transparent numbers?
    thats just a Deep enough color it could be 13 for each value or it could be 75 for each value
    it doesnt matter as long as its not 0 in all values otherwise it wont show up at all
    and you CANNOT change the black around each number. Ill make an Example on why NOT to and when it IS Ok to do that...
    probly tomorrow... if i have some time...

EDIT; Actualy makeing a theme that would look good with a Changeable Background for numbers is hard...

but i have an Idea...

8. f1error

Newcomer f1error Member

United States
    Any Doctor Who skin updates?